MailStore V23.2: Multi-Factor Authentication for Local Administrators and Users
We are delighted to present the latest version of our email archiving software: Version 23.2 of MailStore Server, the MailStore Service Provider Edition (SPE), MailStore Home and MailStore Gateway is available right now.
Read this blog article for all the details on new features and how to obtain our email archiving solutions.
New Features in Version 23.2
Administrators and users of our MailStore Server and the MailStore SPE business solutions can look forward to the following new features:
Multi-Factor Authentication for Local Administrators and Users
Once again, we’ve enhanced the security of our email archiving solutions. This time, the change affects users with integrated authentication, i.e. users who are not synchronized via services such as Microsoft 365. With Version 23.2, local administrators and users of MailStore Server and the MailStore Service Provider Edition can use multi-factor authentication (MFA) when accessing an archive via the MailStore Client, the Outlook Add-in and Web Access. Once the MFA code from an authenticator app has been entered, an optional “trusted device” feature can be activated for the device on which the email archiving solution is being run so that the MFA code does not have to be entered again on this device for another 14 days to access the archive. Multi-factor authentication can be activated by the MailStore admin in the MailStore Client.
Please note: If you’re using the Outlook Add-in, you’ll need to update this component in order to be able to use multi-factor authentication.
Further Improvements and Bug Fixes
Other bug fixes and minor improvements have been introduced for MailStore Server, the MailStore SPE, MailStore Home and MailStore Gateway in an effort to simplify the user experience for customers, MSPs and home users.
For example, Version 23.2 allows users to call up a list of all OAuth authentication certificates with their respective expiry dates via the API, making it easier to schedule the renewal of existing certificates. This is especially useful for resellers and MSPs who need to manage the certificates of many customers.
The new version also fixes a problem that occasionally cropped up when a large number of mailboxes needed to be archived on a low-spec computer.
Updated Certification: Meeting Data Privacy Requirements
As usual, the latest version of our software, Version 23.2 of MailStore Server and the MailStore SPE, has been certified by an independent data privacy expert.
The certification takes into account all relevant aspects of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and affirms that, when used appropriately, both MailStore Server and the MailStore SPE meet all the requirements governing the processing of personal data set out in the GDPR.
You can request a copy of the official GDPR audit certificate from [email protected].
You can download the new version of MailStore Server, the MailStore Service Provider Edition, MailStore Home and MailStore Gateway free of charge from our website.
If your MailStore Server Update & Support Service has expired, please contact us to purchase an upgrade that will allow you to use the latest version of MailStore Server. Read here to find out about other good reasons for having an active Update & Support Service in place.
Interested companies can also download MailStore Server Version 23.2 as part of a free, 30-day trial. If you are an MSP and are interested in offering email archiving as a service based on the MailStore SPE, please contact our sales team at [email protected]. Alternatively, you can sign up as an authorized MailStore Partner with us right now for free.
Click Here for the Corresponding Changelogs
- MailStore Server: https://www.mailstore.com/en/products/mailstore-server/changelog/
- MailStore SPE: https://www.mailstore.com/en/products/mailstore-spe/changelog/
- MailStore Home: https://www.mailstore.com/en/products/mailstore-home/changelog/
- MailStore Gateway: https://www.mailstore.com/en/products/mailstore-gateway/changelog/
Detailed information on recent versions can be found here:
- MailStore V23.1: New Retention Policies and MailStore SPE for 2,000 Users
- MailStore V22.4: Multi-Factor Authentication for the MailStore Service Provider Edition and Improved Resource Management
- MailStore V22.3: Support for Outlook 2021, More Security, and a Better User Experience
- MailStore V22.2: Support for Windows 11, Windows Server 2022, and TLS 1.3
- MailStore V22.1.1: Error-Free Archiving of Public Folders in Microsoft 365
- MailStore V22.1: Optimized Usability, Security, and Compliance
- MailStore V13.2: Faster Than Ever and Now for Businesses With Up To 2,000 Users
- MailStore V13.1: AD FS OpenID Connect and Enhanced User Experience
- MailStore V13: Improved Support of Cloud Services and Modern Authentication