MailStore V23.4: Archiving of NDRs and Option to Delete Flagged Emails
We’d like to present a new version of our email archiving software today: Version 23.4 of MailStore Server, the MailStore Service Provider Edition (SPE), and MailStore Home is now available. Read this blog article to get all the details on the new features and availability of our email archiving solutions.
New Features in MailStore Version 23.4
MailStore V23.4 has many new features that administrators and users of our email archiving solutions MailStore Server, MailStore SPE and MailStore Home can look forward to. These are the new features in detail:
Archiving of NDRs From an Alternate Journaling Mailbox
This feature facilitates data recovery for customers of MailStore Server and the MailStore Service Provider Edition using Microsoft 365 / Exchange Online in cases where a MailStore Gateway was unavailable and NDRs (Non-Delivery Reports) were sent to a fail-over mailbox (or an alternate journaling mailbox). In cases like these, MailStore was unable to extract the journal report from the NDR until now. By adding another archiving profile, journal reports embedded in NDRs can now be automatically imported to your MailStore archives. This avoids cumbersome resending and thus enhances the usability and overall reliability of your archiving solution. We recommend setting up two separate MailStore Gateways, one for the journaling mailbox and the second one as an alternate mailbox to benefit from this enhancement.
Deleting Flagged Emails
With this new MailStore version it is now possible to remotely delete an email in your email server mailbox, even when a user had flagged it in their mailbox, e.g. in Outlook. In previous versions, MailStore has generally never removed any flagged emails from the email server unless they were marked as “completed”. The logic behind this policy is that flagged emails may require follow-up work by a user. However, practice shows that MailStore admins still want to remove such emails for a variety of reasons. This option is now available in MailStore Server, the MailStore Service Provider Edition and MailStore Home for all M365 and Exchange archiving profiles as well as all IMAP-+ based archiving profiles (generic IMAP; Gmail, Google Workspace, MDaemon, Icewarp, Kerio).
Enhanced Archiving Profiles
This enhancement gives admins more flexibility when defining archiving profiles. While you might typically want to archive all emails or emails older than a certain date, there are cases where you will need to archive just those emails that were created after a certain date. For instance, this is useful if you have 15+ years of email history, but only want to archive emails created over the last 10 years. The new filter option within the archiving profiles is also useful if you want to migrate archives. This feature is now available in MailStore Server, the MailStore Service Provider Edition and MailStore Home.
We have made enhancements to the APIs of MailStore Server and the MailStore Service Provider Edition that help administrators to better monitor a MailStore installation (GetWorkerResultReport) and upgrade all archives stores (UpgradeStores). In addition, MailStore Server administrators can now use the API to replace server certificates (SetServiceCertificate).
With Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) for IMAP multi-mailbox archiving, you can now select various user id formats. Improved auto-discovery for Microsoft 365 facilitates the archiving of public folders. In addition, there are several security updates and bugfixes.
Finally, we want to advise you that Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 have reached end of support at Microsoft and thus cannot be supported by MailStore either. We recommend an upgrade if you are still using such EOL servers. Additionally, support for Exchange Server 2003 has finally been removed.
Updated Certification: Meeting Data Privacy Requirements
As usual, the latest version of our software, Version 23.4 of MailStore Server and the MailStore SPE, has been certified by an independent data privacy expert.
The certification takes into account all relevant aspects of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and affirms that, when used appropriately, both MailStore Server and the MailStore SPE meet all the requirements governing the processing of personal data set out in the GDPR.
You can request a copy of the official GDPR audit certificate from [email protected].
You can download the new version of MailStore Server, the MailStore Service Provider Edition, MailStore Home and MailStore Gateway free of charge from our website.
If your MailStore Server Update & Support Service has expired, please contact us to purchase an upgrade that will allow you to use the latest version of MailStore Server. Read here to find out about other good reasons for having an active Update & Support Service in place.
Interested companies can also download MailStore Server Version 23.4 as part of a free, 30-day trial. If you are an MSP and are interested in offering email archiving as a service based on the MailStore SPE, please contact our sales team at [email protected]. Alternatively, you can sign up as an authorized MailStore Partner with us right now for free.
Click Here for the Corresponding Changelogs
- MailStore Server: https://www.mailstore.com/en/products/mailstore-server/changelog/
- MailStore SPE: https://www.mailstore.com/en/products/mailstore-spe/changelog/
- MailStore Home: https://www.mailstore.com/en/products/mailstore-home/changelog/
- Archiving Email – MailStore Server Help
- Archiving Emails from Microsoft 365 – Modern Authentication – MailStore Server Help
- Archiving Emails from Microsoft Exchange 2016 – MailStore Server Help
- Archiving Emails from Microsoft Exchange 2019 – MailStore Server Help
- Archiving Emails from External Systems – File Import – MailStore Server Help
- Message Date of an Email – MailStore Server Help
Detailed information on recent versions can be found here:
- MailStore Version 23.3: Easy Importing of Archive Mailboxes From Microsoft Exchange Online (Microsoft 365) and Exchange Server, as Well as Improved Retention Policies
- MailStore V23.2: Multi-Factor Authentication for Administrators and Users
- MailStore V23.1: New Retention Policies and MailStore SPE for 2,000 Users
- MailStore V22.4: Multi-Factor Authentication for the MailStore Service Provider Edition and Improved Resource Management
- MailStore V22.3: Support for Outlook 2021, More Security, and a Better User Experience
- MailStore V22.2: Support for Windows 11, Windows Server 2022, and TLS 1.3
- MailStore V22.1.1: Error-Free Archiving of Public Folders in Microsoft 365
- MailStore V22.1: Optimized Usability, Security, and Compliance
- MailStore V13.2: Faster Than Ever and Now for Businesses With Up To 2,000 Users