The core of the MailStore Server consists of a highly sophisticated storage technology that does not require any external database software and is available immediately after setup is complete. On this basis, a single MailStore Server installation can manage up to 500 users and a rapidly growing volume of email both efficiently and easily over a period of years. If you wish to use MailStore Server with a significantly higher number of users, we recommend that you contact our technical support team to discuss your individual scenario.
Efficient Data Storage
- You can create a complete archive from a user’s perspective internally from any number of individual archive databases
- Should the archive storage used to archive new email approach its storage limits, a new archive store can automatically be created and used in the file system
- This concept allows a flexible storage management and guarantees scalability for large amounts of data
Save up to 70% Storage Space
- MailStore Server uses de-duplication to reduce the total storage requirements
- This means that identical MIME-parts (e.g. file attachments) are only stored once in an archive, even if they appear more than once in users’ mailboxes
- File attachments are also compressed
Flexible Storage Management
Fast storage hardware (e.g. SSD) are generally more expensive than slower hardware (e.g. HDD). MailStore enables you to balance costs according to business need. You can store frequently accessed archive stores on fast storage, while less frequently accessed archive stores can be moved to slower storage.
Protection Against Tampering
MailStore Server uses SHA hashes and applies AES256 encryption to email texts and file attachments. This ensures that archived data cannot be tampered with once it has been archived.
Optional: Using SQL Server
If requested, companies that already have their own infrastructure may also use Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL for their data storage.