MailStore Server Features
MailStore Server supports almost all popular email systems and archiving methods. The archiving strategy can therefore be customized based on the specific detailed needs of a company.
Supported Archiving Methods
- Archiving of existing mailboxes, public folders, shared mailboxes and files
- Full archiving of all email as soon as they are sent and received
Supported Email Systems
- Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 (including Windows Small Business Server)
- Hosted Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365
- MDaemon Messaging Server
- IceWarp E-Mail-Server
- Kerio Connect
- Any IMAP/POP3-compatible email server
- Email clients such as Microsoft Outlook
- PST and other email file formats
Fast Access for All Users
When accessing the archive, users can perform a full-text search (including all file attachments) or use the regular folder structure. Emails can be recovered using one-click restore or simply opened to forward the message or send a reply.
All access paths offer a direct live view of the archive and do not require any synchronization of the archive data to the user’s computer.
MailStore Server has completely removed the need for users to access stub objects and other technologies that detract from server performance.
- MailStore Outlook Add-in
Seamless integration in Microsoft Outlook XP, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013
- MailStore Web Access
Access using any internet browser
- MailStore IMAP Server
Integration of the archive as a read-only mailbox into any email client or onto a mobile device via an integrated IMAP server
MailStore Mobile Web Access
Mobile Web Access enables users access to the archive from any location with a modern smartphone or tablet (iOS, Android, Windows Phone or Blackberry).
Scalable Storage Technology
At the core of MailStore Server is a highly sophisticated storage technology that does not require an external database management system and is available immediately after setup is complete.
The archive consists of any number of archive stores – for example one per quarter or year – making the solution extremely flexible and scalable to any volume of data or number of users. For the end user, the archive store concept is completely transparent. The user works with one combined view on the entire archive.
Archive stores are created, by default, in the file system and do not require any further configuration. For specific business needs, an advanced configuration is possible, providing additional options for storage like integration with external databases (Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL).
- Suitable for any volume of data and any number of users
- Lower storage requirements through use of single instance archiving (duplicate content is only archived once) and compression of file attachments
- Backups can be made using an integrated backup feature or third-party backup software
- Supports iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NAS, and SAN
Reliable Compliance Features
A comprehensive technology concept ensures that companies using MailStore Server are able to achieve consistency with compliance and eDiscovery requirements, in addition to regular certification by an auditing firm using the criteria of internationally recognized standards.
- Archived email is identical to the original email in every respect
- Storage periods can be set accordingly
- Changes and events are logged via an integrated auditing feature in the Windows event log
- Auditor access via a special "auditor" user type
- Legal hold
- Generation of SHA1 hash values from email content
- Internal AES-256 encryption of email texts and attachments
- No direct access by MailStore client components to the archive files
- It is not possible to change email content, either in the graphical interface or in the internal program
Powerful Export Features
IT is in a constant state of transformation. Established technologies and concepts will be completely overhauled and replaced within just a few a years. In light of this, it is difficult to hold on to information that will be still useful after than a decade.
As a result, MailStore Server does not restrict businesses to a proprietary file format. All archived email can be exported in a single step at any time in the standard RFC 822 format, for example, which has established itself over 30 years.
Thus, it is not just the legal security of a business that is guaranteed, but also their long-term technological independence, even from MailStore Server itself.
Further Export Features
- Exporting to an Exchange server or an IMAP mailbox
- Sending emails to any email address via SMTP
- Exporting to email clients (Microsoft Outlook, Windows Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird)
- Exporting to the file system (generates either an .eml or .msg file for each email)
- Exporting to an Outlook .pst file