What’s New in MailStore Server
Please read the Update Notices before upgrading to the current version.
MailStore Server 11.2.1
- Archiving from Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Office365 may fail under certain circumstances in hybrid environments or migration scenarios.
- Very large recovery records lead to continuous auto compacting of recovery record files.
- Audit log entries larger than 4096 bytes cannot be read from file system.
- Bump copyright to 2019.
MailStore Server 11.2
- Official Microsoft Exchange 2019 support.
- Official Microsoft Outlook 2019 support.
- Extend RecoverStore command by option to also restore deleted emails. Prior to usage consulting tech support is highly recommended.
- Retention Policies: Stricter validation of policies.
- Incomplete exception handling in RecoverStore leads to abortion of recovery process if a corrupt search index file exists.
MailStore Server 11.1
- Password policies defines complexity requirements and minimum length for passwords of MailStore-integrated users.
- The password policy is hard-coded and is applied the first/next time a MailStore password is changed.
- Web Access: Changing own password now possible for MailStore-integrated users.
- Renamed Alt-N to MDaemon to match current vendor name.
- VerifyStore may fail under certain circumstances
MailStore Server 11.0.2
- Improved performance when upgrading archive stores from version 10 or older. Refer to the update notices for further information about upgrading archive stores.
- Users who already upgraded their archive stores with version 11.0.0 need to manually rebuild all search indexes in order to restore full search capabilities.
- User who currently upgrade their archive stores from version 10 or older to 11.0.1 may cancel this process and upgrade to 11.0.2 to benefit from the performance improvement for remaining upgrade steps. Afterwards, one search index may require a manual rebuild due to the previous cancellation.
- Searches (incl. Saved Searches) without archive date are now possible on non-upgraded archive stores.
- Issue "System.NotSupportedException: Stream does not support reading" resolved
MailStore Server 11.0.1
- Version has been replaced by 11.0.2.
MailStore Server 11.0
- Retention Policies: By creating a set of retention policies, administrators gain full control over how long different type of messages are retained in the archive and whether messages are to be removed automatically at the end of the retention period. For each message, administrators may check how current retention settings affect that message.
- An existing global retention period from a previous version is migrated to a corresponding retention policy. In addition, a new job is created to process retention policies daily at 3:30am.
- Management API: Added GetRetentionPolicies and SetRetentionPolicies methods. Removed "globalRetentionTimeYears" parameter from GetComplianceConfiguration and SetComplianceConfiguration.
- Under certain conditions a warning is shown on the dashboard and in status reports, reminding the admin of backing up the archive regularly. The warning is triggered by a lack of events (e.g. VSS, service restarts, etc.) that would be caused by internal or external backup tools.
- Automatic Update of Web Access: MailStore Server admins may opt-in to worry-free automatic updates to ensure that latest security updates are installed as soon as possible.
- Jobs: New template for processing retention policies.
- Web Access: Search criteria are now fully integrated into the sidebar in desktop view.
- Web Access: Setting for language independent date formats added.
- Search: Messages can now be searched by their archive date.
- Recovery records are now stored in separate container files, contain all meta data of the messages and are updated in real-time.
- Archive store recovery based on the new recovery records allows a rebuild of corrupt archive store databases without the need to export and re-archive messages. The new RecoverStore Management API command provides access to this function.
- Further hardening of encryption key file management to work around potential file system corruption.
- Integrated IMAP-Server: Disallow authentication through insecure connections.
- Added TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 support to outgoing connections when accessing email servers.
- Added TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 support to outgoing connections when accessing PostgreSQL database servers.
- Proxy: Added TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 support to in- and outbound connections.
- Client: Added TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 support to outgoing connections when accessing MailStore Server.
- It is highly recommended to update MailStore Client manually or via an automated software deployment to already ensure TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 compatibility during the initial connection to MailStore Server. This is mandatory if TLS 1.0 is disabled on the MailStore Server system, e.g. for PCI compliance.
- Web Access version now visible on dashboard and in status reports.
- Localization: Description of audit events.
- Telemetry data extended by hardware specs (CPU, memory, disk) and retention policy configuration.
- Client launcher may be used to execute arbitrary applications, if files are put in specific directories on the client computer.
- It is highly recommended to update MailStore Client manually or via an automated software deployment to resolve this security issue. After the update, MailStore Client will no longer be able to connect to older MailStore Server installations.
- Selecting catchall folder throws an error under certain circumstances.
- Missing window title in Terminal Progress Dialog.
- Incorrect help page requested on job page.
- Output of VerifyStore and VerifyStores command does not contain hints about corrupt container files.
- Path to archive store is missing in Windows event log when attaching a store.
- Wrong error message if Outlook Click-To-Run detection fails.
- Wrong text in "attach existing archive store" dialog.
- Outlook Add-in: Open and Restore buttons sometimes remain disabled unexpectedly.
- Web Access: Welcome page in mobile view does not jump to search when touching search entry box on iPhone.
- Web Access: Login not possible after server service restart under certain circumstances.
- Web Access: Incorrect design of radio buttons.
- Web Access: Toolbar buttons are not shown for messages when certain header fields are missing.
- Updated third party libraries to fix several minor issues in archiving, displaying and exporting of emails.
MailStore Server 10.2.3
- Web Access: The new Web Access is now available in all 17 languages.
- Web Access: Authentication not possible when MailStore Server listens on one IP address of a network interface only.
- Web Access: Under certain conditions, the login page is locked after a logout (i.e. session expired).
- Web Access: Issues with "Save password" functionality of some web browsers.
- Synchronizing users from "Office 365 operated by 21Vianet (China)" fails.
- Displaying issues when changing the default password while using large values for scaling fonts (High DPI).
MailStore Server 10.2.1
- MailStore Client: Update of Implementation Guide list
- No folders are recognized when archiving from IMAP servers that do not announce SPECIAL-USE capability but XLIST instead, and respond to XLIST requests with a LIST response (i.e. Dovecot with configured Outlook workaround).
- Web Access: Downloading attachments containing special characters in file name fails.
- Web Access: Too complex search queries do not cause an error message.
- Web Access: Displayed name of saved search is not updated when saved under a new name.
- Web Access: Additional cross shown in search field when using Internet Explorer.
- Web Access: Internet Explorer uses compatibility mode for when URL is evaluated as an intranet site.
- Web Access: Opening or downloading large emails or attachments is slow or fails.
MailStore Server 10.2
- Responsive Web Access allows accessing the archive from any device, irrespective of operating system and display size. Additionally, it provides more functionality than the legacy web access, such as deleting or moving messages.
- Digitally sign emails exported to the file system to ensure authenticity outside of the archive.
- Management API: Method to manage SMTP settings added.
- Update notifications now contain a HTML representation and provide additional information about the installation and license status.
- SMTP Settings: Default port changed to 587 and STARTTLS selected by default.
- Audit Log: Use of Lock Smith is now recorded.
- Hardening of encryption key management.
- More details about skipped messages are shown in the profile summary.
- User list in Audit Log not sorted alphabetically.
- HighDPI issue in service configuration tool.
- HighDPI issue In Auto-Create Archive Store dialog.
- Attaching a MailStore Server 5 or older archive store to a master database that has been upgraded to MailStore Server 10.x fails.
- "Test" button in Exchange profiles does not heed status of "Ignore SSL warnings" checkbox when autodiscovery mechanism is used.
- Update of third party library, which fixes several minor issues in archiving, displaying and exporting of emails.
MailStore Server 10.1.4
- Support for the latest Microsoft Office 365 update (Exchange Server 15.20).
MailStore Server 10.1.3
- Synchronizing users from Office 365 Germany fails.
MailStore Server 10.1.1
- Authorization against Active Directory may fail under certain circumstances, if archive was initially created with MailStore Server 5 or older.
MailStore Server 10.1
- Status Reports: MailStore administrators can regularly receive status reports by creating a corresponding job in MailStore. These reports contain relevant information from all areas, like successful or failed profile and job executions, licensing information, and much more.
- Autodetect "Sent Items" folder in IMAP mailboxes.
- Depending on the auditing configuration, administrators and/or users are asked to provide a reason when deleting an email. The given reason is written to the audit log along with the event itself.
- Compliance: Additional protection from accidentally blocking or unblocking the archive access by confirming the change with entering the password.
- Compliance: Administrators are asked to provide a reason when blocking or unblocking the archive access for admins. The given reason is written to the audit log along with the event itself.
- "Search here..." item in folder context menu allows to quickly start an advanced search on selected folder.
- Support for multiple IMAP sent item folders.
- Search: Allow searching different strings in different parts of the email and add keywords for searching only in body or attachments. Major rework of search documentation.
- Add search modifiers "Older/Newer than (range)", "Older/Newer than (date)", "Not Older/Not Newer than (range)", and "Not Older/Not Newer than (date)" in advanced search.
- Removed default search index restriction of 10000 tokens (words) per object.
- Update notifications extended with information about the server's environment (e.g. hostname, licensee, ...)
- Increase default keep duration of profile and job results to 90 days for new installations.
- The function "Test sync" of the directory service configuration now also allows to test authentication of users from the result list.
- Integrated backup and VSS settings allow to exclude search indexes from backup to increase efficiency of remote backups or to protect unencrypted data to reside on other systems.
- Select IMAP-TLS or POP3-TLS as default in new profiles.
- Archive page now shows the total number of emails and size in megabyte.
- No archiving of emails if not all attached archive stores are available (State: Archive here, Normal, Write-Protected). This prevents the creation of duplicates under certain scenarios.
- Replacement of "Google Apps" by "G Suite"
- Support Google G Suites' new JSON based exchange format.
- Workaround for handling emails with incorrect character encoding identifier (e.g. utf8, cp1252, or CP-850).
- Removed license information from normal user's dashboard.
- Further improvement of protecting user passwords inside and outside of the application, for instance by using the Windows Credential Store.
- Changed hash algorithms of self signed certificates to SHA256.
- Installation path of new installations now contains "MailStore" instead of the companies former name "deepinvent".
- Naming of status on "Auditing" page to make scope clearer.
- Upgrading from version 9 or older fails if an archive store cannot be opened.
- Outlook Add-in: Under certain circumstances the add-in buttons are disabled when working with multiple Outlook windows.
- Inconsistent error level when profiles are cancelled.
- IMAP Server: Incompatibility with Pine/Alpine email client due to sending incorrect continuation request.
- IMAP Server: PLAIN authentication capability offered even after successful login.
- Debug log contains misleading UID information when archiving IMAP mailboxes.
- MIME preamble is never shown nor exported.
- Incorrect label "E-mail Preview by Admin" on dashboard.
- Product Key/Generated Passphrase must be entered in correct casing when unlocking archive stores.
- CRAM-MD5 authentication is visible in debug log.
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements.
MailStore Server 10.0.2
- This version fixes two critical security vulnerabilities in Web Access. All customer running an affected version of MailStore Server should update their installations as soon as possible.
- Web Access: Reflected Cross-Site-Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in search function, allowing an attacker to gain access to the archive if the victim clicks on a specially-crafted link while being logged in to Web Access. Affected versions: 9.2 and newer.
- Web Access: Open Redirect in Dereferrer. This allows an attacker to create specially-crafted links, which would redirect the victim to a malicious website, although the link itself seems to point to a trusted resource. Affected versions: 9.0 and newer.
MailStore Server 10.0.1
- Upgrade process may stop unexpectedly during encryption of databases on slow disks or USB drives.
- Database update does not delete MailStoreFileGroup.fdb.key from previous failed update.
- Internal backup of former standard archive stores causes duplicate data in target folder.
MailStore Server 10.0
- Full encryption of databases and audit logs. In addition to the existing encryption of the email contents and sensitive data inside the databases, all databases and the internal audit log are also fully encrypted as of this version. This requires an upgrade of all archive stores. Please read the update notices carefully to learn more about the upgrade process and the consequences of the stronger encryption.
- Rotation of encryption keys.
- E-Mail notifications for available software updates.
- Optionally allow MailStore to send anonymized usage statistics, so that we understand even better how the software is used. The raw data to be transferred can be reviewed at any time.
- All admin activities except MessageRetrieveContent will be recorded in the audit log.
- Dashboard notification if SMTP settings have not yet been configured.
- Windows performance counter for monitoring the Firebird database connection pool.
- Internal Archive Stores, formerly known as "Standard Archive Stores”, now support different locations for databases, indexes and the email contents. This is also fully supported by the auto-create store feature, as well as by the internal backup function. "Advanced Archive Stores” of type "File-based” are automatically converted to "Internal Archive Stores”.
- The limitations of MailStore administrators have been extended and are enabled by default for newly created archives. MailStore administrators will not be able to browse, search, or export email of other MailStore users as long as the compliance setting "Archive Access”, formerly known as "E-mail Preview”, is set to "Block Access”.
- The default admin password "admin” requires a password change on the first login via the client. Please note that the default password "admin” still can only be used when logging in from the same machine.
- Relative paths are now used internally to store the location of archive stores. This makes relocating the whole archive to a new location much easier.
- Synchronization of Microsoft Office 365 users that have no Exchange Online license assigned.
- Delete key triggers delete function when one or more emails are selected in the email list.
- Web Access/Outlook Add-in: Redirect HTTP requests to HTTPS.
- Show a warning when a folder is renamed and a folder with the new name already exists.
- Automatically delete the mailbox cache file "MailboxCache.fdb" if it could not be loaded successfully.
- License installation is now part of the setup process.
- License file is stored encrypted on disk.
- Hyperlinks in dialogs are now clickable.
- Incorrect encoding of passwords used when logging into remote IMAP server.
- Export via IMAP to Tobit’s David Server fails when server sends EXPUNGE in response to APPEND command.
- RTF attachments are spuriously used as email body when email is exported to MSG file.
- Clicking "Help" on the login screens results in displaying an error message.
- Embedded browser controls are no longer supported by Google's consent dialog. As recommended by Google, the user’s default web browser is now used to open the consent dialog.
- "Type your name here" appears in client dashboard if full name of user is empty.
- Service Configuration: Spuriously translated command line example on Startup Script page in Dutch translation.
- Major update of third party library, which fixes several minor issues in archiving, displaying and exporting of emails.
- "Advanced Archive Stores” have been renamed to "External Archive Stores”.
- The navigation tree item "Users and Privileges” in "Administrative Tools” has been renamed to "Users and Archives”
- The page "Storage > Statistics” in "Administrative Tools” has been relocated to "Users and Archives > Archives”. Additionally, it now supports the management (rename, delete, ..) of user archives.
- Compliance option "E-mail Preview” has been renamed to "Archive Access”.
MailStore Server 9.8.2
- Google Apps multi mailbox archiving profile ignores delete condition.
MailStore Server 9.8.1
- Login as normal user not possible.
MailStore Server 9.8
- Profile runs are now marked with "Has ended with warning" in "Recent Results" in case warnings were thrown internally. Until now, these warnings were only visible in the details and profile run was markes as "Successful".
- Job Scheduler: Added column "Last Execution Result".
- Client: Slow rendering of search result list when searching for a recipient, if a matching email contains a large number of recipients in the emails "To" field.
- Client: Large number of email recipients may cause an overlap of the message content, which prevents the user from accessing the email body.
- IMAP Server: Several bug fixes that improve the compatibility with IMAP clients.
- Service Configuration Tool: Unexpected Exception and inaccessible "IP Addresses and Ports" section if configured certificate is no longer available in the Windows certificate store.
- Archiving process stops and a System.UnauthorizedAccessException is thrown when archiving from a file system which contains inaccessible folders (i.e. inappropriate permissions).
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements.
MailStore Server 9.7.1
- Invalid CSS in a HTML email causes an error message and prevents the email from being displayed.
- Thousand seperator missing when displaying the number of archived emails in dashboard banner.
MailStore Server 9.7
- New Gmail archiving profile with OAuth support and the option to automatically remove messages from the mailbox. Please refer to the update Notices for further details if you are using the Google Mail archiving profile.
- Simplified configuration for indexing email attachment content of supported file types. Additionally, a message on the dashboard notifies the admin about a missing configuration of indexing.
- Check for supported Adobe PDF iFilter versions added.
- Client: Minor UI refresh of the dashboard.
- Improved translations.
- When synchronizing users with Google Apps, invalid MailStore users are created if the primary email address of the user contains uppercase letters.
- Syncronizing users with Google Apps is limited to 200 users per group.
- Under certain circumstances BCC recipients are shown to non-admin users by mistake.
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements.
MailStore Server 9.6
- Client: Pin to taskbar now possible on Windows 7 and newer.
- Server: New API method GetServiceConfiguration to retrieve MailStore Server's service configuration.
- MailStore Proxy: Support for Delivery Status Notifications (DSN) added.
- Support for different SSL certificate thumbprint formats in group policies.
- Group policies allow configuration of client und Outlook Add-in language.
- Email headers are missing when printing from Web Access or Client.
- Incorrect number of deleted emails in summary when trying to delete emails from read-only IMAP folders.
- Server stops responding under certain circumstances when multiple simultaneous request are send to a LDAP based directory service.
- Computer Name and User Agent are not shown in Active Sessions when accessing the archive via Outlook Add-in.
- Mobile Web Access: jQuery and jQuery mobile updated to latest version to protect against potential security vulnerabilities.
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements.
MailStore Server 9.5
- Official Microsoft Exchange 2016 support.
- Improved Exchange Autodiscover support.
- Client: Executing a saved search now applies search result highlighting analog to a regular search.
- Web Access, Outlook Add-In: Attachments having a name beginning with # cannot be opened in the webclient.
- MailStore skips folders when archiving from Mozilla Thunderbird, if Thunderbird's profile path contains special characters.
- Search does not use regional settings of the system to determine first day of week.
- Various minor bug fixes.
MailStore Server 9.4.1
- Web Access, Outlook Add-in: Search for custom date range returns incorrect search result.
- Incorrect CSS handling when displaying HTML messages under certain circumstances.
MailStore Server 9.4
- Official Outlook 2016 support.
- Installer does not recognize non-default installation path during upgrade, which may result in the creation of a new archive in the default location. The existing archive remains unmodified.
- Client: Copying table content to clipboard may duplicate columns or include hidden columns.
- MailStore Server may choose wrong SSL certificate on start when using self-signed certificate.
- Various minor bug fixes.
MailStore Server 9.3
- Official Windows 10 support.
- Directory Services Integration: Improved performance when creating the list of groups if a larger number of groups exists in the directory service.
- Server, Client and IMAP server: Removed support for insecure SSLv2 and SSLv3. Added support for TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2.
- X-Final-To header is now recognized when archiving IMAP multidrop mailboxes. In particular this enhances archiving of such mailboxes from a Kerio Connect mail server.
- Various minor bug fixes.
MailStore Server 9.2.1
- Improved performance when retrieving groups from Microsoft Office 365.
- Synchronizing users from a Microsoft Office 365 environment with more than 100 users fails.
- Web Access, Outlook Add-in: Compatibility issues with Internet Explorer 8.
- Compatibility issues with .NET Framework 4.6.
- Various minor bug fixes.
MailStore Server 9.2
- A new job scheduler makes it easy to run maintenance tasks such as backup, data integrity check and index rebuild on a regular basis. The scheduler, which is completely integrated into MailStore Server, is able to run any Management API command.
- The Microsoft Office 365 directory services can now be used by MailStore for user synchronization and authentication.
- Web Access and the add-in for Microsoft Outlook now come with a completely rewritten message list view which makes it possible to scroll through large folder contents and search results with minimum latency.
- MailStore Server now supports the 64-bit version of MDaemon Messaging Server.
- The information displayed in reports of multi-mailbox archiving profiles is misleading under certain circumstances.
- Web Access, Outlook Add-in: Saved searches cannot be opened or deleted, depending on characters used in their names and the browser used.
- Some executable files are not marked as DPI aware, causing the user interface to look blurry depending on Windows version and DPI settings.
- Accessing Microsoft Outlook without access to the mailbox root folder causes an access violation.
- An advanced archive store cannot be created on a SQL Server with a Turkish server collation. Please note that even with this bug fix, the collation of the database used for MailStore still cannot be Turkish.
- Opening S/MIME messages in Outlook, restoring to Outlook and exporting to MSG/PST may fail under certain circumstances with the error message "Accessing content stream of non-leaf entities is not supported.”
- Some windows in MailStore Client are displayed incorrectly when Windows has a DPI setting other than 96 dpi (100%) and/or windows are resized.
- Certain Outlook messages cannot be processed by MailStore. The error "Argument is out of range of valid values.” is displayed.
- Google Apps directory services synchronization may hang under certain circumstances if a large number of users or groups exists.
- Indexing message bodies and attachments in HTML format is performed incorrectly under certain circumstances, causing the results of full text searches to be incomplete. Rebuild search indexes if you encounter this error.
- File system archiving profiles cannot be created with drag and drop from Windows Explorer, as stated in the documentation.
- Some multi-select enabled tables in MailStore Client react very slowly if a large number of items is selected.
- Some multi-select enabled tables in MailStore Client don’t accept the Ctrl+A hotkey for selecting all items.
MailStore Server 9.1
- First class support for Google Apps (includes user database synchronization, authentication, multi-mailbox archiving using a central service account, multidrop archiving and export).
- Internal archive store directory traversal is now reduced to a minimum, significantly improving performance especially when using larger archives and/or storing them on network storage.
- MailStore's integrated e-mail preview is now able to detect and repair invalid CSS to a certain extent.
MailStore Server 9.0.5
- Support for the latest Microsoft Office 365 update (Exchange Server 15.1).
- An error occurs when trying to run an MDaemon multi-mailbox archiving profile created with an old MailStore Server version.
MailStore Server 9.0.4
- Archiving and Export: If a profile is run via a scheduled task or the API, the memory and/or disk space used for reports and debug logs is not released until the server process is stopped or restarted.
- Archiving and Export: User interface text might be displayed in the wrong language under certain circumstances.
- Archiving and Export: The CRAM-MD5 authentication mechanism does not work when accessing mailboxes with the IMAP protocol.
- Archiving: MailStore is unable to archive Microsoft Exchange folders containing tabulator characters in their names.
- Client, Web Access, Outlook Add-in: Messages in HTML format might be displayed incorrectly under certain circumstances.
- Web Access: Windows authentication is not offered when using Internet Explorer 11.
- Server: Under certain circumstances, folder names are disclosed to users without the appropriate privileges.
- Server: A timeout might occur when trying to upgrade a large number of archive stores created by old versions of MailStore Server.
- Server: Reduced disk I/O when accessing Firebird Embedded-based database files.
- Various minor user interface improvements and bug fixes.
MailStore Server 9.0.3
- Client: In 120 dpi mode, some controls do not scale correctly (message list, date ranges, folder include/exclude dialog, progress dialogs).
- Client: Non-invokable commands are offered to users who have only limited archiving or export privileges (execute only or manage only). Users are getting an access denied error message only after trying to invoke those commands though.
- Client: The page "Recent Results" is not visible to users who can only manage archiving and/or export profiles.
- Directory Services Integration: Due to a bug in Windows' ADSI connection pool, Active Directory authentication sometimes fails when transport layer security (LDAP-SSL) is used. This version works around this bug by performing the authentication via separate LDAP connections when LDAP-SSL is configured.
- Integrated Backup: The Restore.bat script generated by the integrated backup function omits empty folders.
- Management API: The virtual time zones $UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and $Local (Server Local Time) are not available in the GetTimeZones and GetWorkerResults API methods.
MailStore Server 9.0.2
- If a CD/DVD export profile was created with MailStore Server 6.x or lower and this was not removed when upgrading to MailStore Server 7.0 or higher, an error message is shown when trying to open the "Export E-mail" page.
MailStore Server 9.0.1
- The Exchange EWS and IMAP property caches are no longer updated if the contents of a folder hasn't changed, reducing write I/O especially when continuously archiving a large number of mailboxes
- New management shell commands to enable or disable a live debug log on the client or on the server (livelog-client-enable, livelog-client-disable, livelog-server-enable, livelog-server-disable). These commands replace the debug-console command available in earlier versions of MailStore Client. Use DebugView from Windows Sysinternals to view the live debug log.
- Installation of the client and the add-in for Microsoft Outlook fails on systems with .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed
- The server process may cause very high CPU load when the archive consists of a very large number of archive stores
- MailStore's internal lock monitor writes timeout errors to the Windows Event Log even when the timeouts were expected, e.g. to detect internal idle states
- Due to a bug in some versions of Microsoft Exchange, archiving folders may fail with error messages such as 'The Delete change relates to an unknown item' or 'The ReadFlagChange change relates to an unknown item'. This version uses a different sync method that doesn't rely on the buggy SyncFolderItems operation.
- If a virus was detected in one or more items of a Microsoft Exchange folder ('ErrorVirusDetected'), archiving the whole folder fails
- Archiving localized (non-English) versions of Google Mail leads to multiple inbox folders with different names when upgrading from earlier MailStore versions
MailStore Server 9.0
- MailStore Server now requires Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- MailStore Client now requires Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.
- The add-in for Microsoft Outlook now requires Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1. Users still running Windows XP can however use the latest 8.x version of the add-in to connect to MailStore Server 9.
- Client: Now compatible with all past and future MailStore Server releases with the same major version.
- Client: Group Policies now allow better control. Please refer to the Release Notes for details.
- Client: Entirely rewritten Message List (used for both folder contents and search results) now behaves more like the one built into Microsoft Outlook, is much faster and can easily display hundereds of thousands of messages. In order to simplify the selection of multiple messages, the last selected message is now opened in message preview.
- Client: Entirely rewritten Message Preview improves display of a large number of recipients and attachments.
- Web Access: HTML E-mail Viewer based on a secure whitelist-based HTML rewriter.
- Web Access: The attachment list now shows icons for the most common file types.
- Web Access: The message list now automatically loads new entries when the user has scrolled to its end.
- Add-in for Microsoft Outlook: HTML E-mail Viewer based on a secure whitelist-based HTML rewriter.
- Add-in for Microsoft Outlook: The attachment list now shows icons for the most common file types.
- Add-in for Microsoft Outlook: The message list now automatically loads new entries when the user has scrolled to its end.
- Server: Entirely rewritten internal lock manager significantly reduces congestions and leads to a much better overall behaviour of the system.
- Archiving and Export: Profiles in the "E-mail Servers" section are now run by a completely new MailStore-internal scheduler within the MailStore Server process. Previously, they were run by MailStore Client invoked by the Windows Task Scheduler.
- Archiving and Export: Profile manager now displays a summary of the profile settings next to the profile list.
- Archiving and Export: Profile manager now shows the execution state of all profiles, regardless of the computer they are running on.
- Archiving and Export: Profile manager is now able to display the details of previously run profiles. Writing task log files is no longer necessary.
- Archiving and Export: Support for AVM KEN! has been removed.
- Archiving: The performance when archiving Microsoft Exchange 2007 or higher EWS-based mailboxes with a high number of already archived messages has been significantly improved thanks to a new Firebird-based MAPI property cache with an also new folder contents sync module.
- Archiving: The performance when archiving IMAP-based mailboxes with a high number of already archived messages has been significantly improved thanks to a new Firebird-based property cache with an also new folder contents sync module.
- Archiving: The performance when archiving e-mail servers, e-mails clients and e-mails files with a high number of already archived messages has been significantly improved thanks to the implementation of a new store-hinting algorithm.
- Archiving: E-mails which are selected for deletion are now immediately deleted from the e-mail source. Previously, they were deleted in batch after the entire folder contents has been processed.
- Compliance: Audit events can now be written to flat files within the archive's directory instead of the Windows Event Log.
- Compliance: Easy to use viewer for flat file-based audit logs.
- Directory Services Integration: With the new Application Integration Directory Service option, it is possible to integrate the MailStore user database with any external user database. Please refer to the manual for details.
- Directory Services Integration: SSL can now be used for connections to Active Directory, provided that the server certificate is trusted by the MailStore Server machine.
- Directory Services Integration: For the synchronization with Active Directory, a naming scheme for MailStore users can now be specified. Options: SAM Account Name, User Principal Name, User Principal Name (Local Part Only).
- Directory Services Integration: For the LDAP Generic synchronization, MailStore now provides an option to only use the local part of e-mail address-like user names are used as the MailStore user name.
- Directory Services Integration: The LDAP Generic synchronization now supports groups.
- Directory Services Integration: The MDaemon USERLIST.DAT synchronization does not correctly handle groups containing blanks in their names.
- Directory Services Integration: The Kerio synchronization now supports domain aliases. Previously, only user aliases were supported.
- Management API: The API has been entirely rewritten. Please refer to the Release Notes for details.
- Full Text Search: After setting attachments to add to the index, MailStore Server now checks if all required document filters are available.
- Full Text Search: Added compatibility with both Adobe Reader and the Adobe PDF IFilter to improve search in PDF attachments. The internal PDF document filter has been removed.
- Backup: The internal backup feature now writes a CSV file with directory original locations and a corresponding batch file which is able to restore all files to their original locations.
- Backup: As an alternative to using VSS, freezing and resuming the archive for snapshot purposes can now be done by using the PAUSE and CONTINUE service control commands offered by the MailStore Server service.
- Statistics: Significantly faster statistics calculation.
- Dozens of minor improvements and bug fixes.
MailStore Server 8.1.3
- Official Windows 8.1 support.
- Official Internet Explorer 11 support.
- Software Activation: Improved error handling.
- MailStore Web Access: Users are not offered single sign-on when Internet Explorer 11 is used.
MailStore Server 8.1.2
- This update makes MailStore Server 8.1.2 compatible with MailStore Client 8.1, 8.1.1 and 8.1.2.
- MailStore Proxy is no longer part of the MailStore Server setup. Please download MailStore Proxy from https://my.mailstore.com/Downloads
MailStore Server 8.1.1
- This update resolves a vulnerability in MailStore Web Access, Mobile Web Access and the Outlook Add-in. MailStore recommends that customers install this update even if MailStore's HTTP and HTTPS servers are not reachable via the internet.
- Handling of broken S/MIME messages improved
- XSRF (Cross-site Request Forgery) vulnerability in MailStore Web Access, Mobile Web Access and the Outlook Add-in
- Service control errors are not written to the Windows Event Log
- MailStore Server Configuration: The event log viewer shows the wrong time
- Archiving from Thunderbird on computers with several (primarily non-western) system locales may lead to corrupt message contents in MailStore
MailStore Server 8.1
- MailStore now comes with a new multi-user file system archiving profile that analyzes headers from e-mail messages in EML, MSG and PST files and writes those messages to the corresponding user archives
- It is now possible to provide a shutdown script (batch file) to perform additional tasks when stopping the MailStore Server service
- Directory Services: MailStore can now automatically delete users in MailStore while synchronizing. User archives are never automatically deleted.
- Active Directory Sync: Options to include disabled and/or hidden accounts in the synchronization
- It is now possible to use regular expressions in the folder include and exclude lists, making the folder selection much more flexible. Simply prepend the regex to include or exclude with || (case-sensitive) or |i| (case-insensitive).
- The MailStore Server service now registers for the Pre-Shutdown control in Windows Server 2008 / Vista and higher, giving MailStore enough time to correctly close large archives. On older versions, the Shutdown control is used (timeout here at least 10 minutes).
- The actual startup of the MailStore Server service is now done in the background, improving overall system performance at startup
- Exchange Server: MailStore now comes with a global option to skip messages which are marked as infected (disabled by default), rather than to write an error to the archiving report
- Better error handling for broken messages in MAPI format (Outlook MSG)
- Workaround for a bug in Gmail that causes the IMAP PERMANENTFLAGS to contain invalid characters
- When moving folders across user archive borders, the archive is no longer blocked for other concurrent operations
- Renaming a user archive is now performed much faster in most scenarios. This is done by simply re-assigning search indexes instead of rebuilding the source and target user archives.
- The "verify" maintenance command now writes more detailled error information
- The user database synchronization with IceWarp may timeout for large user databases. As a workaround, it is now possible to specify a timeout for API requests to IceWarp.
- Exchange Server: Some item-level errors in Exchange Web Services (e.g. "ErrorVirusDetected") may cause the archiver to skip the remaining messages in the folder
- An error message is shown when cancelling the deletion of a large folder
- When an error occurs when creating a scheduled task, it may not be shown. Instead, the creation dialog re-appears.
- When performing a directory services sync from the user selection page in the archiving profile editor, the user list doesn't refresh
- Multidrop, Exchange Server Journaling, MailStore Proxy: If multiple users have the same e-mail address, messages from or to this e-mail address may not appear in the user archives of all affected users
- After an error occurs when opening an archive store, it may be required to restart the MailStore Server service in order to be able to try this again
- Exchange Server: MailStore may not be able to parse Journal reports if it contains unusal, but correct e-mail addresses, for example "Smith, John"@example.com
- When trying to archive an Outlook PST file that doesn't exist, MailStore creates an empty one instead of displaying an error message
- When using Microsoft SQL Server- or PostgreSQL-based archive stores, folders with a full name (path) that contains more than 255 characters are not created correctly
- Exchange Server 2003 (WebDAV): When specifying a subfolder of the public folders in the mailbox field that contains special characters such as &, the archiving fails with an HTTP error
- MailStore Server's internal heartbeat task may cause other operations to timeout even when there is currently nothing to do for this task
- Folder names are not shown correctly in several titles of MailStore if they contain an ampersand (&)
MailStore Server 8.0.5
- Support for the latest Microsoft Office 365 update (EWS API version V2_3)
MailStore Server 8.0.4
- MDaemon 13.5 Support
- When sorting by sender/recipient or subject, messages with the same sender/recipient or subject are now sorted by the message date
- MailStore Mobile Web Access redirects to the desktop version of MailStore Web Access after a successful login
- MDaemon USERLIST.DAT synchronization fails in combination with multi-byte character sets
MailStore Server 8.0.3
- The statistics page now comes with an option to show accumulated statistics of all archive stores
- In addition to the number of messages and the percentage of occupied space, the statistics page now also shows the total size of all messages in a user archive. The computation is based on the original MIME format of the messages.
- MailStore Web Access now internally uses relative URLs, making it compatible with security software that publishes it under a different URL.
- Due to incorrect Local/UTC conversion, the recent results page may show entries from a date that is before or after the selected date range
- While archiving Outlook 2010 or higher, Outlook may internally modify source messages in an incorrect way under certain circumstances to make conversation threading work. This version of MailStore works around this bug (requires February Cumulative Update for Outlook 2010).
- In 120 dpi mode, some controls in the wait dialog are hidden
- In 120 dpi mode, some parts of the MailStore Add-in for Microsoft Outlook don't scale correctly
- It is not possible to schedule a task based on an "other trigger" when using a 64-bit operating system
MailStore Server 8.0.2
- Outlook Add-in and MailStore Web Access: An error message is shown under certain circumstances when performing a search which is limited by a date range ("The conversion could not be completed...")
MailStore Server 8.0.1
- Improved Google Apps For Business IMAP Multidrop Support
- Outlook Add-in: automatic send/receive might get stuck due to an error in Outlook 2013 when the Add-in is registered
- Outlook Add-in/MailStore Web Access: use of the MailStore Server Timezone when searching within a Date Range
- 'Invalid RTF (missing end bracket \'}\').' error when trying to archive mails with broken rtf content
- elemination of some glitches in MailStore Client when using high DPI settings
MailStore Server 8.0
- Official Outlook 2013 Support (including Office 365 Click-to-Run virtualization)
- Official Exchange Server 2013 Support
- All MailStore Server components (including administrative components) are now available in Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish and Turkish
- 64-bit Support – MailStore Client now runs natively as a 64-bit process on 64-bit platforms. MailStore Client continues to support 32-bit platforms as well.
- Modernized user interface for MailStore Web Access
- Modernized user interface for the Outlook Add-in
- The MailStore Client language can now easily be switched in the login dialog
- Both MailStore Web Access and the Outlook Add-in now allow the message list to be sorted by date, sender/recipient, or subject.
- IMAP Server: New IMAP UID mapping database improves compatibility with Microsoft Outlook. The UID error dialog which appears in Outlook under certain circumstances should no longer appear after updating to this version.
- When multiple Outlook versions are installed (side-by-side configuration), MailStore now uses the latest installed and supported version of Outlook
- Introduced a workaround for a bug in some versions of Exchange Server and Outlook which might have hampered MailStore in correctly detecting duplicate messages
- Exchange Server: MailStore now comes with a global option to skip objects that can't be converted to MIME by Exchange Server (disabled by default)
- When archiving e-mail messages, the source mailbox internal date (e.g. IMAP INTERNALDATE or MAPI PidTagMessageDeliveryDate) is now included in the duplicate message detection
- Under certain circumstances, archive stores that are closed in reaction to a VSS event can't be reopened afterwards without restarting the MailStore Server Windows service
- When an error occurs while closing archive stores in reaction to a VSS Freeze event, this error isn't correctly reported
- Search results may incorrectly display sent messages as received. Rebuild search indexes with this version if you encounter this error.
- Detection of the IMAP Inbox fails if the IMAP server reports its name in non-capital letters
- Outlook Add-in: If an authentication mechanism is pre-selected via Group Policies, the user might not be able to enter his credentials under certain circumstances
- Hundereds of minor fixes and improvements
MailStore Server 7.1
- Official Windows 8 Support
- Official Windows Server 2012 Support
- Language Support for "Czech" in MailStore Web Access and MailStore Outlook Add-in
- Exchange Journal Archiving: POP3 Protocol Support
- The Windows Firewall auto-configuration now configures all firewall profiles (private, public and domain)
- When restarting MailStore Server using the service configuration UI, MailStore now waits 2 seconds after stopping the service
- The management API command "SyncUsersWithDirectoryServices" now has a new optional argument "dryRun"
- The authentication mechanism Digest MD5 is no longer usable in combination with the IMAP protocol
- E-mail messages that (because of an error) still exist in the search index, but not in the database, are longer contained in search results
- MailStore Web Access (Internet Explorer) and the Outlook add-in display an error message under certain circumstances ("Could not load add-on"), even when the used zone is configured correctly
- The management API command "AttachStore" returns an error when the argument "requestedState" is specified
- Debug log files have an incorrect name under certain circumstances
- The HTTP server services started by MailStore Server might use a previously configured SSL certificate instead of the last configured one
- Outlook MSG files whose Internet Headers property does not end with a line break can't be read by MailStore
MailStore Server 7.0.7
- Active Directory Synchronization - Exception when there are cyclic group memberships
- IceWarp Email Server - 'Value cannot be null' error when synchronizing with domains without users
- 'Invalid RTF (missing end bracket \'}\').' error when trying to archive mails with broken rtf content
MailStore Server 7.0.6
- Directory Services Authentication via IMAP-SSL or IMAP-TLS does not work for Kerio Connect and MDaemon
- Archiving from Google Mail via a scheduled task on Windows XP fails with a certificate error
- E-Mails with certain unnamed attachments cannot be archived
MailStore Server 7.0.5
- Exchange Journal Profile - Active Directory synchronization will never be executed
MailStore Server 7.0.4
- MailStore Web Access - folders can't be selected in extended search
- Links sometimes open in Internet Explorer instead of the default browser
MailStore Server 7.0.3
- An error occurs when trying to archive messages from the root folder of Exchange mailboxes and IMAP mailboxes
- MailStore Web Access can't expand or open folders that have single quotes (') in their names
- MailStore Outlook Add-in can't expand or open folders that have single quotes (') in their names
MailStore Server 7.0.2
- MailStore Server can't be started with Turkish regional settings
MailStore Server 7.0.1
- Improved handling of e-mails with flawed HTML content (unclosed tags)
- Certificate viewer could not be displayed to check certificate errors in certain cases
MailStore Server 7.0
- 64-bit Support – The MailStore Server Windows service now runs natively as a 64 bit process on 64 bit platforms. MailStore Server continues to support 32-bit platforms as well.
- Mobile Web Access – A new web access for mobile devices replaces the old iPhone client and supports a much broader range of devices, for example BlackBerry, Google Android, Windows Phone, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- The new "archive stores" replace the "file groups" known from earlier MailStore Server versions. Conversion is done quickly and automatically. Archive stores can handle much larger folder structures than the file groups from MailStore Server 6, making them much better suitable for larger installations.
- Microsoft SQL Server Support – MailStore Server can store metadata and (if wished) contents in a Microsoft SQL Server database. We support SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2012.
- PostgreSQL Support – MailStore Server can store metadata and (if wished) contents in a PostgreSQL opensource database.
- Multithreaded Multi Mailbox Archiving – Multi-mailbox archiving can now be spread over multiple threads (e.g. 5 or 25), making it much faster and more interesting for larger companies.
- First-class support for IceWarp Email Server – Multi-mailbox archiving, multidrop (Exchange Journal-like) archiving, synchronization of the user database including groups support.
- First-class support for Kerio Connect E-mail Server – Multi-mailbox archiving, multidrop (Exchange Journal-like) archiving, synchronization of the user database including groups support.
- Generic Multi-Mailbox Archiving – For all other e-mail servers. Based on SASL authentication (RFC 4422).
- API (Application Programming Interface) – Provides a complete set of commands for managing archive stores and users. The API can be accessed via HTTPS (JSON and XML formats).
- VSS Writer – MailStore Server now includes a VSS writer which makes backup easier and faster in some scenarios, and dramatically reduces downtime during backup to a few seconds.
- MailStore Server Startup Script – You can now provide a startup script (batch file) to make it much easier to use MailStore Server together with Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Better Microsoft Exchange Web Services (EWS) Support – Much better error handling. Client throttling support (avoiding "EWS 500" and "ErrorServerBusy" errors).
- Users and user archives can now be renamed.
- Emails and folders can now be moved between user archives.
- It is now possible to set privileges for multiple users in one step. Drag&Drop support for e-mails.
- Archive stores now have names which are independent from the directory they are stored in.
- Archive stores are now independent from the master database. They can now easily be detached and reattached on a different server.
- Archive stores can now be temporarily disabled rather than having to be detached.
- Archive stores can now place their metadata, contents and search index parts in different directories on separate volumes.
MailStore Server 6.0.8
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0 to 6.0.8.
- Due to recent changes in Microsoft Office 365, some e-mail accounts cannot be accessed by MailStore Server.
MailStore Server 6.0.7
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0 to 6.0.7.
- iPhone Access: The "Load 25 more entries" button does not work
- MailStore Client doesn't detect 120 dpi mode correctly, which may cause a cluttered user interface on 120 dpi systems
- Exchange Server archiving: Unexpected EWS error 500 is displayed instead of the correct error message
MailStore Server 6.0.6
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 6.0.4, 6.0.5 and 6.0.6.
- Specific seldom Outlook MSG files can't be read by MailStore
- Incorrect implementations of the Google XLIST command by other e-mail servers might cause the archiving to be incomplete
- MailStore Proxy sends the NetBIOS host name together with the SMTP EHLO command (instead of sending the fully qualified DNS host name, as it would be correct)
- MailStore Proxy writes partly incomplete report files when using specific SMTP authentication mechanisms
MailStore Server 6.0.5
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 6.0.4 and 6.0.5.
- MSG File Import may fail when the sender information is missing
- automatic MAPI-Cache repair if it is damaged (Cache.fdb)
- MailStore Web Access: Showing more entries might indicate that there are no more entries even when there are more entries available
MailStore Server 6.0.4
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3 and 6.0.4. However, we recommend to upgrade all MailStore Client and all MailStore Outlook Add-in installations to version 6.0.4.
- When restoring messages with ambiguous attachment MIME headers to Outlook, some attachments may not be appear in Outlook's message viewer
- In combination with Exchange Server, it might not be possible to forward specific e-mails via Outlook ("content conversion failed") or to re-archive them ("EWS 500 error") when the message has been originally restored from MailStore
- When compacting the file group database MailStoreFileGroup.fdb fails during upgrade (e.g. due to corrupted database pages), the file group incorrectly remains in the "needs upgrade" state
- MailStore displays an error messages when trying to archive / export MSG messages in cases where Outlook is not installed locally
- The date picker in MailStore Web Access / Outlook Add-in doesn't work correctly when certain date formats (e.g. Hungarian) are configured in Web Access' settings
MailStore Server 6.0.3
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.0.3
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 Support
MailStore Server 6.0.2
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0, 6.0.1 and 6.0.2
- When deleting multiple e-mail messages at once, an error message "Mail not found" may appear under certain circumstances
- It is not possible to specify a custom date range on the page "Last Results"
- The Windows Explorer preview does not show the correct message body of MSG files created by MailStore
- When exporting to MSG or opening in Outlook, Microsoft Outlook may display the message body incompletely in very rare cases
- In rare cases Microsoft Outlook launches slowly when the Outlook Add-in is installed
- In rare cases an incorrect error message is displayed when MailStore fails to archive Exchange Server 2003
- The upgrade to the new MailStore Server 6 file group format may not complete when some container files (.dat) are corrupt
MailStore Server 6.0.1
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0 and 6.0.1
- Automatic detection of the Microsoft Exchange server name when using Hosted Exchange (Autodiscover)
- Active Directory Synchronization: An error message may be shown when trying to select the AD group
- After deconnection or session timeout, re-login fails when Windows Authentication is used
- When archiving Outlook, the outlook folder tree retrieval may fail when Outlook is connected to Exchange Server in non-cached mode
- The debug log viewer in the service configuration fails to open when it finds log files with an invalid file name
MailStore Server 6.0
- New User Interface: Now much cleaner, sleek and modern.
- New Administrator Dashboard: Shows relevant information such as server OS information, disk usage, errors, warnings, archive statistics, compliance information, current activity and license information.
- New Compliance Features: Retention Policies. Legal Hold. Auditing. Auditor Access. E-mail Preview Barrier for Administrators.
- New MDaemon Messaging Server Support: First class support for one of the most popular email servers in the world.
- New Email Archiving and Export UI: Run multiple profiles at the same time in the background without having to start separate MailStore Client instances. View information and statistics about the last executions.
- New File Group Format: Upgrade to this new format and gain dramatically higher performance and scalability. Automatically create new file groups based on interval (yearly, quarterly or monthly) or on thresholds (number of messages, file group size in GB) directly from the storage locations UI.
- New Directory Services Support: Synchronize with Active Directory, MDaemon or various LDAP servers such as OpenLDAP using a clear and consistent UI. Active Directory support has been completely rewritten to be able to support even complex setups.
- New MailStore Server Service Configuration: Replaces the Base Configuration tool of previous MailStore Server versions. Specify separate X.509 certificates for the various services such as HTTPS and IMAP-SSL. Import certificates from files or create new self-signed certificates. New built-in debug log viewer. Improved automatic Windows Firewall configuration now also opens the MailStore Web Access ports.
- Hundreds of minor improvements and bug fixes.
MailStore Server 5.2
- Management shell command "user-set-folder-access" for granting or revoking rights on folders
- Increased robustness when archiving defective Microsoft Outlook message stores and messages
- Improved support for Microsoft Exchange hosted environments
- Significantly reduced MailStore Client and Server overall memory usage
- Updated CD/DVD burning driver improves compatibility with various recorders
- Improved speed when searching for date or e-mail message size
- The integrated database backup function now sets the archive bit on destination files in a way like it is expected by most external backup software
- Significantly improved MailStore Web Access download speed especially when used on slow networks
- When archiving Exchange journal reports that have been modified by migration tools or similar, the error message "Unable to find embedded message." is displayed
- Outlook Add-in: After successfully logging on to MailStore Server, the MailStore Web Access login page might under certain circumstances appear instead of the requested page
- Outlook Add-in: The "Restore Message" dialog shows the folder structure of the default profile instead of the current profile
- Some RFC-compatible e-mail addresses such as miles.o'brien are not accepted by several MailStore Client dialogs
MailStore Server 5.1
- MailStore Server now comes with an IMAP server which enables users to access their archives using most e-mail clients and mobile devices (read-only access). The IMAP server can be enabled in MailStore Server Base Configuration.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 Support
- When archiving large Exchange Server mailbox folders, an error message may be shown indicating that the server is busy ("ErrorServerBusy").
- When trying to archive Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1, HTTP error code 302 is displayed.
- After upgrading to Microsoft Outlook 2010, MailStore may show that Microsoft Outlook is not installed.
- Under certain circumstances, the Outlook add-in does not find the temporary directory and displays incomprehensible error messages.
- After exporting to Outlook PST files that didn't exist before, the PST files' display name in Outlook may contain random characters.
MailStore Server 5.0.1
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 5.0 and 5.0.1
- MailStore Web Access: Windows authentication is not possible via the login screen
MailStore Server 5.0
- Brand-new Microsoft Outlook Add-in with seemless integration
- The installation of MailStore Client is no longer required for using the Microsoft Outlook add-in
- End-user components (Outlook Add-in and Web Access) in German, Dutch, English, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish and Chinese (simplified and traditional)
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 support (including x64; the add-in works in the x86 version only)
- Archiving Yahoo Mail via IMAP is now possible. Please use the IMAP server imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Sent messages archived via IMAP are now displayed correctly in e-mail lists (recipient instead of sender). This requires setting the 'Sent Items' folder in the IMAP archiving profile.
- The message type (sent/received) can now be changed afterwards via the context menu in MailStore Client's e-mail list
- Broader support of non-AD LDAP servers
- Opening in Outlook is now much faster when Outlook 2007 SP2 or higher is used
- MailStore Web Access now remembers the last search criteria (Advanced Search)
- MailStore Web Access now highlights the currently displayed e-mail in the e-mail list
- Export to IMAP mailbox: If creating a subfolder fails, MailStore now exports e-mail to its parent folder
- MailStore Client can't be started with Turkish regional settings
- Mozilla Thunderbird: The 'read' flag of e-mails may not be detected correctly under certain circumstances
- Active Directory sync may fail when more than 1,000 users are about to be synchronized
- MailStore Web Access: The e-mail list may display incorrectly when it includes non standard-conformant e-mail messages
- MailStore Web Access: Logging on with Apple Safari and Google Chrome is not possible when the user name contains special characters
- MailStore Web Access: An error message appears when downloading attachments whose file name contains whitespaces or special characters
- MailStore Web Access: Mozilla Firefox prints only the first page of e-mail messages
- Export to Exchange 2007 or 2010 mailboxes: Exporting of some e-mail types (such as read reports) fails
- Logging on to MailStore Server is not possible when passwords start or end with blanks
MailStore Server 4.6.2
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 4.5 to 4.6.2
- In addition to license files, this version also accepts 25-letter product keys which are delivered by our distributors
MailStore Server 4.6.1
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 4.5 to 4.6.1
- This version comes with a workaround for a bug in Exchange Server 2007 which, under certain circumstances, might cause problems when batch-archiving Exchange mailboxes.
MailStore Server 4.6
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.6
- Exchange Server 2010 support
- Exchange Web Services support enables archiving of mailboxes in Hosted Exchange environments where the WebDAV protocol has been deactivated (e.g. 1&1 Microsoft Exchange)
- Encryption of saved MailStore Server passwords improved
- MDaemon email server support improved
- Multidrop mailboxes: Detection of sender and recipient e-mail addresses improved
- Significantly lower memory usage during archiving and search index rebuilding
- MailStore Web Access can now be loaded into an HTML IFRAME
- Incompatiblity with SPAMfighter Exchange Module
- IMAP archiving: Under very rare circumstances, archiving stops because of an InvalidCastException error
- Due to a bug in OpenOffice, MailStore is unable to index OpenOffice attachments (loading uwinapi.dll fails)
- Existing but empty address header fields cause MailStore to display "Undisclosed-recipients:;" in the built-in e-mail preview
- Due to an error in highlighting, an ArgumentOutOfRange error might appear while scrolling through e-mail lists
- Possible Year 2010 problem in combination with non standards-compliant IMAP servers
- Under certain circumstances, a profile selection dialog might appear when restoring messages to Outlook
MailStore Server 4.5.1
- Microsoft Outlook Archiver: Significantly reduced memory usage during archiving
- Under certain circumstances, too many e-mails are archived during Exchange Server or IMAP batch archiving
MailStore Server 4.5
- Administrative tools: New administrative tools provide a better overview and offer new features such as a display of all users who are currently connected
- Email preview: New features such as "Find in e-mail"
- Backup: An integrated backup feature offers time-controlled backups to any drive directly from MailStore
- Experimental: Use any LDAP server
- IMAP/POP3 archiving: Emails from multidrop mailboxes can be assigned to their respective users automatically during archiving
- Journaling: Emails with unknown addresses can be automatically assigned to specific archive folders
- Active Directory: Only synchronize members of a particular group
- New filter: Only archive emails older than a specific time period (instead of fixed date)
- Significant performance improvements
- Minor Bug Fixes
MailStore Server 4.0.4
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 4.0 to 4.0.4
- Detailled connection log for IMAP, POP3 and SMTP connections (in Management Shell, type "debug-conn" to enable)
MailStore Server 4.0.3
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 4.0 to 4.0.3
- MailStore Web Access login might fail under Safari and Opera if .NET 2.0 Service Pack 2 is not installed on the server
- I/O error when trying to append email data to broken container files (.dat)
- Specific email headers can lead the MailStore Server process to permanently use 100% CPU
- CSV file for IMAP batch archiving is not selectable under Windows Vista
- Workaround for a bug in Exchange Server 2003 that can cause problems when archiving emails sent via ActiveSync
MailStore Server 4.0.2
- This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 4.0, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2
- Better parser for date headers that are not standards-compliant
- MailStore Server does not start under certain circumstances ("CreateFile failed")
- MailStore Server takes very long to start under certain circumstances. (To benefit from this bugfix, please ensure that .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 or higher is installed.)
- Unable to connect to localhost on some IPv6 systems, depending on the "hosts" configuration
- Outlook archiver is unable to process messages with an existing but empty Internet Message ID (e.g. "<>")
- IMAP connection fails depending on the IMAP server implementation ("Argument out of range")
- MailStore Proxy archiver is unable to process delivery reports with an empty SMTP "MAIL FROM" email address
MailStore Server 4.0.1
- MailStore Client 4.0 is compatible with MailStore Server 4.0.1
- Improved rich text (RTF) message support
- Outlook 2007 Service Pack 2 only: Direct PST archiving may not work due to a bug in Outlook. This MailStore update comes with a workaround. Installation of the Microsoft hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;968858 is recommended anyway.
- MailStore Web Access logon does not work with the Opera browser
- An error occurs while archiving Zarafa IMAP server
MailStore Server 4.0
- MailStore Web Access - Archive Access via Web Browser
- MailStore Client for iPhone and iPod touch
- Batch Archiving of IMAP Mailboxes
- NAS Support (Network Shares)
- Auto-Creation of new File Groups
- Archive Usage Statistics
- Search Folders - Access Saved Searches via the Folder Tree
MailStore Server 3.0.3
- Outlook MSG file archiving without using PST files
- Storage on network shares. This is an experimental feature - please contact MailStore Support.
- IMAP batch archiving via CSV file. This is an experimental feature - please contact MailStore Support.
- Improved search index management and improved search index structure
- Faster search over all user archives if searching for folder, date or email size
- Native extraction of PDF contents works around problems with buggy Adobe components
- Users can continue to use the archive while index rebuild is in progress
- Progress is now displayed for long search operations
- Scheduled Tasks: It is now possible to create scheduled tasks in interactive mode
- Scheduled Tasks: It is now possible to create scheduled tasks with an empty Windows password
- Commands not available to the user are now hidden
- User management now displays the number of users
- Scheduled tasks are now created under the current Windows account
- Outlook special folders Conflicts, Sync Issues, Local Failures and Server Failures are no longer included in the archive process
- Outlook and Exchange archiving: Flagged messages are never deleted
- User name maximum length increased to 255 characters
- Active Directory sync may synchronize SMTP email addresses in the incorrect order. This may lead to authorization problems when archiving multiple mailboxes.
- Storage Locations: Local directories on the MailStore Server can't be selected if access to a drive has been denied
- Miscellaneous problems with search indexes
- Archiving does not work if the current container file (.dat) is corrupt
- SMTP forward does not work
- Scheduled Tasks: MailStore does not display task start errors
- Performance problems when calculating statistics (Server start page)
MailStore Server 3.0.2
- Microsoft Outlook Integration (Add-in)
- Standard users can search in all readable user archives
- Group policy template for automatic MailStore Server login
- Export to Mozilla Thunderbird and Mozilla SeaMonkey
- Filter archiving by email date (only email before a specific date)
- Higher performance when searching simultaneously
- Improved processing of non standard-compliant email
- Scheduled tasks can't be viewed by standard users
- MailStore Client icon is corrupt when installed via MSI package
- PST Export does not create Unicode PST files (only ANSI)
- Misleading error message "Index corrupt, please rebuild." under certain circumstances
- During Server Setup it is possible to choose an invalid data directory
- Server Setup may fail under Windows XP without Service Pack 2 or 3
MailStore Server 3.0.1
- This is a bugfix release. It contains no additional features. Please install it only if you are a new user or if you are having problems with version 3.0.
- Delete rules are not applied when connected to a POP3 server
- LDAP Authentication does not work after performing an Active Directory synchronization
- IMAP, POP3 and SMTP connections are not closed correctly
- Error message if Message-ID is available, but invalid (affects File System, MBOX, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, Live Mail, Windows Mail and Outlook Express)
- Exchange archiving via HTTP(S): Error message "Invalid AllXsd value"
- User list is not updated after Active Directory synchronization (click on Refresh button required)
MailStore Server 3.0
- New user interface
- Significant performance and memory usage improvements
- Significantly improved scalability when using with a large number of users and file groups
- Single Sign-on (Windows Authentication)
- New, improved Active Directory integration
- Exchange: Batch archiving of all/multiple mailboxes of an Exchange Server with just a few clicks
- Special Microsoft Exchange archiving wizard
- Save and export email in Outlook MSG format
- Archiving: Table View. Administrative view of the profiles of all users.
- Wizard for archiving email
- Backup and Export: Table View. Administrative view of the profiles of all users.
- Wizard for email backup and export
- Google Mail archiving
- New Storage Locations tool
- Commands for archive maintenance now invokable from the MailStore Client user interface
- Export of the folder structure (Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Exchange Server and IMAP)
- New MailStore Server configuration tool
- Export of folders and subfolders directory from the tree view
- Email Preview: Print via Outlook (if installed) includes e-mail headers
- Email Preview: Copy to clipboard now possible from every header field
- Email Preview: New quick access toolbar
- Internal AES256 encryption of bodies and attachments
- Administrative command filegroup-create-auto for automatically creating new file groups
- New user management
- Overview of all folder access privileges granted to users
- Improved archive and export logs
- New format for index files (higher performance and scalability)
- Compact feature for freeing unused disk space
- Creating new users is now possible directly from the email archiving wizard
- Burn: support of a variety of new CD and DVD recorders
- Exchange: Automatic Active Directory synchronization during the archiving process (Journaling and Multi-Mailbox)
- Scheduled Task Wizard: Option to run the task every X minutes
- Scheduled Task: Automatic default file name for log files. View all local protocols.
- Backups created with version 3 can be restored by simply copying back via Windows Explorer.
- IMAP, HTTP, POP3 and SMTP: Timeouts can now be specified when used together with slow mail servers.
- Network traffic reduced when backing up or exporting to a network share and having synchronization enabled
- Deletion of entire folders and subfolders is now possible if the corresponding privileges are granted
- POP3, Windows Mail and Outlook Express: Deletion of already archived email if wished
- Client: It is now possible to specify an alternate port for connecting to MailStore Server
- Client: Improved behaviour during server maintenance
- Client: If started on the server machine, Client checks for server startup problems and displays them.
- Exchange: Better error messages as reaction of common HTTP error codes
- Exchange: Journal archiving is now possible even when envelope journaling is not enabled and/or cannot be enabled.
- MailStoreCmd: More comfortable interactive mode, Passwords now masked
- Server: Higher performance thanks to new RPC stack
- Outlook: Archiving of password-protected PST files (password field)
- Server: Automatic recalculation of statistics after an unforeseen shutdown (power event)
- Setup: New service controller starts and stops the server more reliably during Setup
- Search over multiple file groups and user archived is now cancellable
- Fast soft-delete is performed when deleting emails. Actual deletion is performed when compacting file groups.
- Hundereds of small improvements and bugfixes.
MailStore Server 2.6.6
- This is a recommended update for all users of MailStore Server
- Attachments with unsafe file extensions have to be saved on hard disk in order to open them
- Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008: The email attachment command "Open as" does not work as expected
- Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008: Open and save dialogs appear broken if a .NET service pack is installed
- Rebuilding an index aborts when a corrupt message is found in the archive
- Outlook: MAPIToMIMEStm error when trying to archive a broken message
- Outlook: Forwarding a message exported by MailStore might lead to a blank body in the forwarded message
- Outlook: Error message when trying to open multiple messages in Outlook at once
- Outlook: Error message when trying to reply to or forward a message open in Outlook 2000 or Outlook XP
- Outlook: When directly archiving PST files, the PST display name might be modified under certain circumstances
- Error message when trying to archive an email with an existing, but empty Message-ID field
- Right after logon, an error message appears for a few milliseconds
- Drag&Drop of attachments to Windows Explorer does not always work reliably
- Exchange Mailbox: When using IMAP, deletion from the mailbox is automatically disabled if no folders are excluded to prevent users from unintentional deleting objects such as contacts and notes
- Update check via standard web browser
MailStore Server 2.6.5
- This is a bugfix release. It contains no additional features. Please install it only if you are a new customer or if you are having problems with version 2.6.
- Connection to Microsoft Exchange Server fails under certain circumstances
- MailStore Client hangs when creating a scheduled task for Local System under Windows Vista
- Line breaks were missing in some screen messages
- MailStore Proxy Import: .mpr might not be deleted after archiving
- Some messages might have been archived with a date in the year 2020
- MailStoreCmd.exe writes "Session not found" instead of "Logon failed"
- Some minor bugfixes
- Timeout increased for HTTP (WebDAV), IMAP, POP3 and SMTP connections
MailStore Server 2.6
- This release solves all known issues with version 2.5.1.
- Exchange Public Folder Archiving
- Context Help via F1 or help buttons
- Exchange Journal Import now supports HTTP/HTTPS. Solves timeout problems that can occur with IMAP
- Export to Exchange Mailbox now supports HTTP/HTTPS
- Exchange Import: Automatic error analysis when the HTTP(S) connection fails
- Better error reporting system
- Better S/MIME support
- Email List/Search Result: Sent emails are now marked labeled with "To:"
- Active Directory Sync can now be run on Exchange users only (ads-sync parameter --exchange-only)
- HTML body part is now indexed instead of the plain text body part if available
- Wildcards are now possible at the beginning of search terms (e.g. *@contoso.com or *.pdf)
- File System Import terminates when the folder name contains several special characters (:)
- Two-digit years are interpreted incorrectly (e.g. created by old David versions)
- Storage Locations: Newly created folders might not be selected automatically
- Storage Locations: Change file group location -> Cancel deactivates the file group
- Error message "Font 'Segoe UI' does not support style..." when starting MailStore
- Open in Outlook: Subdialogs are not shown in several Outlook versions
- Open in Outlook: Error message "MAPI_E_USER_CANCEL" when cancelling the Outlook profile selection
- Open in Outlook: Terminating after showing "The digital ID can not be found"
- IMAP Import terminates if the IMAP server returns the same folder name twice
- IMAP Import terminates if the IMAP server does not return headers for a message
- IMAP Import: Error message "Unable to parse server response" when used with some non standard-compliant servers
- Exchange Journal Import: HTML-formatted reports (not emails!) can't be processed
- Exchange Mailbox Import: Email messages from "Sent Items" might not be marked as 'sent'
- Exchange Mailbox Import: Error message "mailbox is null" if the user name contains blanks
- TypeInitializationException when starting the MailStore service
- Outlook Import/Export: Focus problems (Windows in the background)
- Outlook Import: MAPI_E_INVALID_PARAMETER when archiving NDRs
- Outlook-Import: Email messages from "Sent Items" might not be marked as 'sent'
- Errors that occur while opening a file group are not shown
- Some S/MIME (signed) messages are not displayed in the email preview
- Thunderbird Import shows a warning because of not importable Online folders
- Index Options: The user list is not sorted alphabetically
MailStore Server 2.5.1
- IMAP, POP3 and SMTP protocol implementations reworked (better compatibility and error handling)
- It is now possible to specify any Windows user when creating a scheduled Task
- Better screen messages for the most frequent errors
- Exchange: Authentication might fail when form-based authentication is enabled
- MailStore is unable to import an Exchange Journal report if it does not contain a sender SMTP address
- Errors that occurred while importing an email message might be hidden under certain circumstances
- Copy Cmd button in Scheduled Task wizard displays the command line instead of copying it to the clipboard
- Email subject is displayed in MIME-coded form in the progress viewer and import log
- Windows service is registered with no dependencies and might not be started correctly while booting Windows
MailStore Server 2.5
- Scheduled Tasks: Import and export scheduling now much simpler than before
- Scheduled Tasks: Table view of tasks on the local computer
- Advanced Delete Rules: All time spans can now be specified exactly
- Advanced Delete Rules: Option to delete dependent on the email date
- Direct archiving of PST files and export to new or existing PST files
- Cut, copy and paste of import and export profiles
- Option to turn off automatic exclusion of special folders such as 'Deleted Items'
- Windows Live Mail import (experimental; official Microsoft API not yet available)
- Email Preview: Open in Windows Live Mail
- Email Preview: Print and Print Preview directly from MailStore
- Microsoft Outlook: Archiving of IMAP mailboxes opened in Outlook is now possible
- Microsoft Outlook: Archiving of message stores other than Exchange and PST
- Significant performance improvements especially when launching MailStore
- MailStore.exe file size reduced by more than 55%
- Storage Locations: Statistics grouped by file group
- Storage Locations: Recalculate statistics
- Mozilla Thunderbird and SeaMonkey: Improved folder scanner
- Microsoft Exchange Server: Improved compatibility with Exchange Server 2007 SP1
- Microsoft Exchange Server: Improved screen messages and workaround of some Exchange bugs
- Microsoft Outlook: Improved stability through the new MailStore Extended MAPI client
- Automatic debug log of import and export processes. Display via report window.
- Microsoft Exchange Server: Timeout error when processing very large folders (> 10,000 messages) if server is under load
- Email export fails when processing certain non standards-compliant messages (Can't write multipart data. Boundary is missing.)
- Extended search for email size may not work. If the problem persists, rebuild the index via Admin Tools -> Index Options.
- Microsoft Exchange Server: some unusual email addresses are not detected correctly when using journaling
- Lots of minor improvements and bug fixes
MailStore Server 2.0
- Many features originally planned for version 2.0 were already included in 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 versions. See below.
- Completely removed maximum users restriction. Max-Users limitation in the license file is ignored.
- Drag&Drop of an EML file onto the import profile list imports this file
- Drag&Drop of a folder onto the import profile list creates a new File System import profile with this folder
- Drag&Drop of a PST onto the import profile list creates a new Outlook import profile with this file. Additionally, a new MAPI profile is created.
- Drag&Drop of an MBOX onto the import profile list creates a new MBOX import profile with this file
- Select Folders: Show effective folders after applying include and exclude lists
- Select Folders: Option to add folders excluding subfolders to the lists
- Connection cannot be established when using IMAP-SSL (IMAP-TLS is not affected)
MailStore Server 1.6.2
- If a text was found in an attachment's file name, the attachment itself is now included in the search result list (below the containing message)
- MailStore Proxy / NST import now shows the sender and recipients of an email message which could not be assigned to a MailStore user
- Exchange via HTTP/HTTPS: It is now possible to specify the mailbox relative URL instead of the mailbox name (e.g. /exchange/johndoe)
- MailStoreCmd.exe can now be started without parameters (Interactive Login)
- Import/Export: Profile lists are now sorted using Windows' regional settings
- Extended Debug Logging for IMAP and POP3 connections
- User Info: The 'Password' button is incorrectly titled 'Change'
- Compatibility with various IMAP server implementations improved
- The contents of PDF files can not be searched when Adobe Reader 8.x is installed
MailStore Server 1.6.1
- Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Import now supports HTTP/HTTPS (WebDAV). Solves problems that may occur by using IMAP.
- No Spam Today! Proxy Support (automatic archiving of all incoming and outgoing email)
- Index Options (Administrative Tools): Configure attachment file extensions; Rebuild user indexes
- Built-in Support Command 'exejcfg' enables Microsoft Exchange Envelope Journaling (Disable with -d)
- Improved LDAP settings detection (solves problems with Small Business Server 2003)
- MailStore Server now writes to Windows' Event Log (e.g. startup problems, message deletions)
- Server performs client version check in order to avoid unintelligible error messages
- MailStore Setup now provides the option to start MailStore after installation
- Redesign of Email Import Reports
- Automatic download and installation of Windows Installer and .NET Framework during setup if desired
- Exchange Import/Export: Combined domain, user name and password in one edit field.
- MailStore database is opened when starting the Windows Service (and not at the first login)
- Fixed stability problems in Outlook Express / Windows Mail import (misc error messages)
- Dialog windows which appear during login place themselves behind the main window under certain circumstances
- Some German text was missing in the software (displayed in English instead)
- Exchange via HTTP/HTTPS (RC1): Connection initialization is slow and could lead to timeouts
- Exchange via HTTP/HTTPS (RC1): Error message that the version could not be read with some Exchange Server configurations (e.g. 1&1 Hosted Exchange)
MailStore Server 1.6
- Automatic Archiving of all incoming and outgoing email via separately available MailStore Proxy
- Active Directory Synchronization
- LDAP Authentication
- Export directly to IMAP Mailboxes
- Export directly to Exchange Mailboxes
- Delete Rules for IMAP Mailboxes
- Delete Rules for Exchange Mailboxes
- Delete Rules for AVM KEN! Mailboxes
- Email messages movable between folders of a user
- Optional transport-layer encryption when forwarding via SMTP (TLS and SSL)
- Completely rewritten Outlook Express/Windows Mail Import module (Removed 3rd Party Dependency)
- Improved Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Support
- SSL Warnungs can now be disabled when importing or exporting
- SSL certificate viewer can now be displayed to check certificate errors (Import and Export)
- Improved display of non standard-compliant email messages
- Much faster IMAP import initialization, lower traffic
- Scheduled Task can now be run without displaying a DOS window (MailStoreCmdSilent.exe)
- Improved Status Messages
- User Information window improved
- Improved handling of email messages with inconsistent line endings
- MailStore Server Setup now asks for the data directory on every installation
- MailStoreCmd: Switch -pkfp optional
- MailStore Home Import not displayed anymore in MailStore Server and Client
- Removable devices (USB hard disks etc.) are not display unser Storage Locations
- IMAP folder structures are not displayed correctly in some cases
- The IMAP INTERNALDATE field is ignored. The date shown in MailStore may be incorrect in some cases
- Date and time of email messages copied from Outlook may be not displayed correctly in some cases