What's New in MailStore Server
Please read the Update Notices before upgrading to the current version.
MailStore Server 8.1.2January 10, 2014
- Note This update makes MailStore Server 8.1.2 compatible with MailStore Client 8.1, 8.1.1 and 8.1.2.
- Changed MailStore Proxy is no longer part of the MailStore Server setup. Please download MailStore Proxy from https://my.mailstore.com/Downloads
MailStore Server 8.1.1January 9, 2014
- Note This update resolves a vulnerability in MailStore Web Access, Mobile Web Access and the Outlook Add-in. MailStore recommends that customers install this update even if MailStore's HTTP and HTTPS servers are not reachable via the internet.
- Improved Handling of broken S/MIME messages improved
- Fixed XSRF (Cross-site Request Forgery) vulnerability in MailStore Web Access, Mobile Web Access and the Outlook Add-in
- Fixed Service control errors are not written to the Windows Event Log
- Fixed MailStore Server Configuration: The event log viewer shows the wrong time
- Fixed Archiving from Thunderbird on computers with several (primarily non-western) system locales may lead to corrupt message contents in MailStore
MailStore Server 8.1August 26, 2013
- New MailStore now comes with a new multi-user file system archiving profile that analyzes headers from e-mail messages in EML, MSG and PST files and writes those messages to the corresponding user archives
- New It is now possible to provide a shutdown script (batch file) to perform additional tasks when stopping the MailStore Server service
- Improved Directory Services: MailStore can now automatically delete users in MailStore while synchronizing. User archives are never automatically deleted.
- Improved Active Directory Sync: Options to include disabled and/or hidden accounts in the synchronization
- Improved It is now possible to use regular expressions in the folder include and exclude lists, making the folder selection much more flexible. Simply prepend the regex to include or exclude with || (case-sensitive) or |i| (case-insensitive).
- Improved The MailStore Server service now registers for the Pre-Shutdown control in Windows Server 2008 / Vista and higher, giving MailStore enough time to correctly close large archives. On older versions, the Shutdown control is used (timeout here at least 10 minutes).
- Improved The actual startup of the MailStore Server service is now done in the background, improving overall system performance at startup
- Improved Exchange Server: MailStore now comes with a global option to skip messages which are marked as infected (disabled by default), rather than to write an error to the archiving report
- Improved Better error handling for broken messages in MAPI format (Outlook MSG)
- Improved Workaround for a bug in Gmail that causes the IMAP PERMANENTFLAGS to contain invalid characters
- Improved When moving folders across user archive borders, the archive is no longer blocked for other concurrent operations
- Improved Renaming a user archive is now performed much faster in most scenarios. This is done by simply re-assigning search indexes instead of rebuilding the source and target user archives.
- Improved The "verify" maintenance command now writes more detailled error information
- Improved The user database synchronization with IceWarp may timeout for large user databases. As a workaround, it is now possible to specify a timeout for API requests to IceWarp.
- Fixed Exchange Server: Some item-level errors in Exchange Web Services (e.g. "ErrorVirusDetected") may cause the archiver to skip the remaining messages in the folder
- Fixed An error message is shown when cancelling the deletion of a large folder
- Fixed When an error occurs when creating a scheduled task, it may not be shown. Instead, the creation dialog re-appears.
- Fixed When performing a directory services sync from the user selection page in the archiving profile editor, the user list doesn't refresh
- Fixed Multidrop, Exchange Server Journaling, MailStore Proxy: If multiple users have the same e-mail address, messages from or to this e-mail address may not appear in the user archives of all affected users
- Fixed After an error occurs when opening an archive store, it may be required to restart the MailStore Server service in order to be able to try this again
- Fixed Exchange Server: MailStore may not be able to parse Journal reports if it contains unusal, but correct e-mail addresses, for example "Smith, John"@example.com
- Fixed When trying to archive an Outlook PST file that doesn't exist, MailStore creates an empty one instead of displaying an error message
- Fixed When using Microsoft SQL Server- or PostgreSQL-based archive stores, folders with a full name (path) that contains more than 255 characters are not created correctly
- Fixed Exchange Server 2003 (WebDAV): When specifying a subfolder of the public folders in the mailbox field that contains special characters such as &, the archiving fails with an HTTP error
- Fixed MailStore Server's internal heartbeat task may cause other operations to timeout even when there is currently nothing to do for this task
- Fixed Folder names are not shown correctly in several titles of MailStore if they contain an ampersand (&)
MailStore Server 8.0.5June 5, 2013
- New Support for the latest Microsoft Office 365 update (EWS API version V2_3)
MailStore Server 8.0.4May 16, 2013
- New MDaemon 13.5 Support
- Improved When sorting by sender/recipient or subject, messages with the same sender/recipient or subject are now sorted by the message date
- Fixed MailStore Mobile Web Access redirects to the desktop version of MailStore Web Access after a successful login
- Fixed MDaemon USERLIST.DAT synchronization fails in combination with multi-byte character sets
MailStore Server 8.0.3May 2, 2013
- Improved The statistics page now comes with an option to show accumulated statistics of all archive stores
- Improved In addition to the number of messages and the percentage of occupied space, the statistics page now also shows the total size of all messages in a user archive. The computation is based on the original MIME format of the messages.
- Improved MailStore Web Access now internally uses relative URLs, making it compatible with security software that publishes it under a different URL.
- Fixed Due to incorrect Local/UTC conversion, the recent results page may show entries from a date that is before or after the selected date range
- Fixed While archiving Outlook 2010 or higher, Outlook may internally modify source messages in an incorrect way under certain circumstances to make conversation threading work. This version of MailStore works around this bug (requires February Cumulative Update for Outlook 2010).
- Fixed In 120 dpi mode, some controls in the wait dialog are hidden
- Fixed In 120 dpi mode, some parts of the MailStore Add-in for Microsoft Outlook don't scale correctly
- Fixed It is not possible to schedule a task based on an "other trigger" when using a 64-bit operating system
MailStore Server 8.0.2February 27, 2013
- Fixed Outlook Add-in and MailStore Web Access: An error message is shown under certain circumstances when performing a search which is limited by a date range ("The conversion could not be completed...")
MailStore Server 8.0.1February 25, 2013
- Improved Improved Google Apps For Business IMAP Multidrop Support
- Fixed Outlook Add-in: automatic send/receive might get stuck due to an error in Outlook 2013 when the Add-in is registered
- Fixed Outlook Add-in/MailStore Web Access: use of the MailStore Server Timezone when searching within a Date Range
- Fixed 'Invalid RTF (missing end bracket \'}\').' error when trying to archive mails with broken rtf content
- Fixed elemination of some glitches in MailStore Client when using high DPI settings
MailStore Server 8.0February 18, 2013
- New Official Outlook 2013 Support (including Office 365 Click-to-Run virtualization)
- New Official Exchange Server 2013 Support
- New All MailStore Server components (including administrative components) are now available in Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish and Turkish
- New 64-bit Support – MailStore Client now runs natively as a 64-bit process on 64-bit platforms. MailStore Client continues to support 32-bit platforms as well.
- New Modernized user interface for MailStore Web Access
- New Modernized user interface for the Outlook Add-in
- Improved The MailStore Client language can now easily be switched in the login dialog
- Improved Both MailStore Web Access and the Outlook Add-in now allow the message list to be sorted by date, sender/recipient, or subject.
- Improved IMAP Server: New IMAP UID mapping database improves compatibility with Microsoft Outlook. The UID error dialog which appears in Outlook under certain circumstances should no longer appear after updating to this version.
- Improved When multiple Outlook versions are installed (side-by-side configuration), MailStore now uses the latest installed and supported version of Outlook
- Improved Introduced a workaround for a bug in some versions of Exchange Server and Outlook which might have hampered MailStore in correctly detecting duplicate messages
- Improved Exchange Server: MailStore now comes with a global option to skip objects that can't be converted to MIME by Exchange Server (disabled by default)
- Improved When archiving e-mail messages, the source mailbox internal date (e.g. IMAP INTERNALDATE or MAPI PidTagMessageDeliveryDate) is now included in the duplicate message detection
- Fixed Under certain circumstances, archive stores that are closed in reaction to a VSS event can't be reopened afterwards without restarting the MailStore Server Windows service
- Fixed When an error occurs while closing archive stores in reaction to a VSS Freeze event, this error isn't correctly reported
- Fixed Search results may incorrectly display sent messages as received. Rebuild search indexes with this version if you encounter this error.
- Fixed Detection of the IMAP Inbox fails if the IMAP server reports its name in non-capital letters
- Fixed Outlook Add-in: If an authentication mechanism is pre-selected via Group Policies, the user might not be able to enter his credentials under certain circumstances
- Fixed Hundereds of minor fixes and improvements
MailStore Server 7.1September 24, 2012
- New Official Windows 8 Support
- New Official Windows Server 2012 Support
- New Language Support for "Czech" in MailStore Web Access and MailStore Outlook Add-in
- New Exchange Journal Archiving: POP3 Protocol Support
- Improved The Windows Firewall auto-configuration now configures all firewall profiles (private, public and domain)
- Improved When restarting MailStore Server using the service configuration UI, MailStore now waits 2 seconds after stopping the service
- Improved The management API command "SyncUsersWithDirectoryServices" now has a new optional argument "dryRun"
- Changed The authentication mechanism Digest MD5 is no longer usable in combination with the IMAP protocol
- Changed E-mail messages that (because of an error) still exist in the search index, but not in the database, are longer contained in search results
- Fixed MailStore Web Access (Internet Explorer) and the Outlook add-in display an error message under certain circumstances ("Could not load add-on"), even when the used zone is configured correctly
- Fixed The management API command "AttachStore" returns an error when the argument "requestedState" is specified
- Fixed Debug log files have an incorrect name under certain circumstances
- Fixed The HTTP server services started by MailStore Server might use a previously configured SSL certificate instead of the last configured one
- Fixed Outlook MSG files whose Internet Headers property does not end with a line break can't be read by MailStore
MailStore Server 7.0.7July 10, 2012
- Fixed Active Directory Synchronization - Exception when there are cyclic group memberships
- Fixed IceWarp Email Server - 'Value cannot be null' error when synchronizing with domains without users
- Fixed 'Invalid RTF (missing end bracket \'}\').' error when trying to archive mails with broken rtf content
MailStore Server 7.0.6June 26, 2012
- Fixed Directory Services Authentication via IMAP-SSL or IMAP-TLS does not work for Kerio Connect and MDaemon
- Fixed Archiving from Google Mail via a scheduled task on Windows XP fails with a certificate error
- Fixed E-Mails with certain unnamed attachments cannot be archived
MailStore Server 7.0.5June 12, 2012
- Fixed Exchange Journal Profile - Active Directory synchronization will never be executed
MailStore Server 7.0.4June 5, 2012
- Fixed MailStore Web Access - folders can't be selected in extended search
- Fixed Links sometimes open in Internet Explorer instead of the default browser
MailStore Server 7.0.3May 31, 2012
- Fixed An error occurs when trying to archive messages from the root folder of Exchange mailboxes and IMAP mailboxes
- Fixed MailStore Web Access can't expand or open folders that have single quotes (') in their names
- Fixed MailStore Outlook Add-in can't expand or open folders that have single quotes (') in their names
MailStore Server 7.0.2May 24, 2012
- Fixed MailStore Server can't be started with Turkish regional settings
MailStore Server 7.0.1May 22, 2012
- Fixed Improved handling of e-mails with flawed HTML content (unclosed tags)
- Fixed Certificate viewer could not be displayed to check certificate errors in certain cases
MailStore Server 7.0May 10, 2012
- New 64-bit Support – The MailStore Server Windows service now runs natively as a 64 bit process on 64 bit platforms. MailStore Server continues to support 32-bit platforms as well.
- New Mobile Web Access – A new web access for mobile devices replaces the old iPhone client and supports a much broader range of devices, for example BlackBerry, Google Android, Windows Phone, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- New The new "archive stores" replace the "file groups" known from earlier MailStore Server versions. Conversion is done quickly and automatically. Archive stores can handle much larger folder structures than the file groups from MailStore Server 6, making them much better suitable for larger installations.
- New Microsoft SQL Server Support – MailStore Server can store metadata and (if wished) contents in a Microsoft SQL Server database. We support SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2012.
- New PostgreSQL Support – MailStore Server can store metadata and (if wished) contents in a PostgreSQL opensource database.
- New Multithreaded Multi Mailbox Archiving – Multi-mailbox archiving can now be spread over multiple threads (e.g. 5 or 25), making it much faster and more interesting for larger companies.
- New First-class support for IceWarp Email Server – Multi-mailbox archiving, multidrop (Exchange Journal-like) archiving, synchronization of the user database including groups support.
- New First-class support for Kerio Connect E-mail Server – Multi-mailbox archiving, multidrop (Exchange Journal-like) archiving, synchronization of the user database including groups support.
- New Generic Multi-Mailbox Archiving – For all other e-mail servers. Based on SASL authentication (RFC 4422).
- New API (Application Programming Interface) – Provides a complete set of commands for managing archive stores and users. The API can be accessed via HTTPS (JSON and XML formats).
- New VSS Writer – MailStore Server now includes a VSS writer which makes backup easier and faster in some scenarios, and dramatically reduces downtime during backup to a few seconds.
- New MailStore Server Startup Script – You can now provide a startup script (batch file) to make it much easier to use MailStore Server together with Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Improved Better Microsoft Exchange Web Services (EWS) Support – Much better error handling. Client throttling support (avoiding "EWS 500" and "ErrorServerBusy" errors).
- Improved Users and user archives can now be renamed.
- Improved Emails and folders can now be moved between user archives.
- Improved It is now possible to set privileges for multiple users in one step. Drag&Drop support for e-mails.
- Improved Archive stores now have names which are independent from the directory they are stored in.
- Improved Archive stores are now independent from the master database. They can now easily be detached and reattached on a different server.
- Improved Archive stores can now be temporarily disabled rather than having to be detached.
- Improved Archive stores can now place their metadata, contents and search index parts in different directories on separate volumes.
MailStore Server 6.0.8April 4, 2012
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0 to 6.0.8.
- Fixed Due to recent changes in Microsoft Office 365, some e-mail accounts cannot be accessed by MailStore Server.
MailStore Server 6.0.7February 3, 2012
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0 to 6.0.7.
- Fixed iPhone Access: The "Load 25 more entries" button does not work
- Fixed MailStore Client doesn't detect 120 dpi mode correctly, which may cause a cluttered user interface on 120 dpi systems
- Fixed Exchange Server archiving: Unexpected EWS error 500 is displayed instead of the correct error message
MailStore Server 6.0.6December 16, 2011
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 6.0.4, 6.0.5 and 6.0.6.
- Fixed Specific seldom Outlook MSG files can't be read by MailStore
- Fixed Incorrect implementations of the Google XLIST command by other e-mail servers might cause the archiving to be incomplete
- Fixed MailStore Proxy sends the NetBIOS host name together with the SMTP EHLO command (instead of sending the fully qualified DNS host name, as it would be correct)
- Fixed MailStore Proxy writes partly incomplete report files when using specific SMTP authentication mechanisms
MailStore Server 6.0.5November 22, 2011
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 6.0.4 and 6.0.5.
- Fixed MSG File Import may fail when the sender information is missing
- Fixed automatic MAPI-Cache repair if it is damaged (Cache.fdb)
- Fixed MailStore Web Access: Showing more entries might indicate that there are no more entries even when there are more entries available
MailStore Server 6.0.4October 17, 2011
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3 and 6.0.4. However, we recommend to upgrade all MailStore Client and all MailStore Outlook Add-in installations to version 6.0.4.
- Fixed When restoring messages with ambiguous attachment MIME headers to Outlook, some attachments may not be appear in Outlook's message viewer
- Fixed In combination with Exchange Server, it might not be possible to forward specific e-mails via Outlook ("content conversion failed") or to re-archive them ("EWS 500 error") when the message has been originally restored from MailStore
- Fixed When compacting the file group database MailStoreFileGroup.fdb fails during upgrade (e.g. due to corrupted database pages), the file group incorrectly remains in the "needs upgrade" state
- Fixed MailStore displays an error messages when trying to archive / export MSG messages in cases where Outlook is not installed locally
- Fixed The date picker in MailStore Web Access / Outlook Add-in doesn't work correctly when certain date formats (e.g. Hungarian) are configured in Web Access' settings
MailStore Server 6.0.3August 31, 2011
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.0.3
- New Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 Support
MailStore Server 6.0.2August 30, 2011
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0, 6.0.1 and 6.0.2
- Fixed When deleting multiple e-mail messages at once, an error message "Mail not found" may appear under certain circumstances
- Fixed It is not possible to specify a custom date range on the page "Last Results"
- Fixed The Windows Explorer preview does not show the correct message body of MSG files created by MailStore
- Fixed When exporting to MSG or opening in Outlook, Microsoft Outlook may display the message body incompletely in very rare cases
- Fixed In rare cases Microsoft Outlook launches slowly when the Outlook Add-in is installed
- Fixed In rare cases an incorrect error message is displayed when MailStore fails to archive Exchange Server 2003
- Fixed The upgrade to the new MailStore Server 6 file group format may not complete when some container files (.dat) are corrupt
MailStore Server 6.0.1July 6, 2011
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 6.0 and 6.0.1
- New Automatic detection of the Microsoft Exchange server name when using Hosted Exchange (Autodiscover)
- Fixed Active Directory Synchronization: An error message may be shown when trying to select the AD group
- Fixed After deconnection or session timeout, re-login fails when Windows Authentication is used
- Fixed When archiving Outlook, the outlook folder tree retrieval may fail when Outlook is connected to Exchange Server in non-cached mode
- Fixed The debug log viewer in the service configuration fails to open when it finds log files with an invalid file name
MailStore Server 6.0June 8, 2011
- New New User Interface: Now much cleaner, sleek and modern.
- New New Administrator Dashboard: Shows relevant information such as server OS information, disk usage, errors, warnings, archive statistics, compliance information, current activity and license information.
- New New Compliance Features: Retention Policies. Legal Hold. Auditing. Auditor Access. E-mail Preview Barrier for Administrators.
- New New MDaemon Messaging Server Support: First class support for one of the most popular email servers in the world.
- New New Email Archiving and Export UI: Run multiple profiles at the same time in the background without having to start separate MailStore Client instances. View information and statistics about the last executions.
- New New File Group Format: Upgrade to this new format and gain dramatically higher performance and scalability. Automatically create new file groups based on interval (yearly, quarterly or monthly) or on thresholds (number of messages, file group size in GB) directly from the storage locations UI.
- New New Directory Services Support: Synchronize with Active Directory, MDaemon or various LDAP servers such as OpenLDAP using a clear and consistent UI. Active Directory support has been completely rewritten to be able to support even complex setups.
- New New MailStore Server Service Configuration: Replaces the Base Configuration tool of previous MailStore Server versions. Specify separate X.509 certificates for the various services such as HTTPS and IMAP-SSL. Import certificates from files or create new self-signed certificates. New built-in debug log viewer. Improved automatic Windows Firewall configuration now also opens the MailStore Web Access ports.
- Improved Hundreds of minor improvements and bug fixes.
MailStore Server 5.2February 7, 2011
- New Management shell command "user-set-folder-access" for granting or revoking rights on folders
- Improved Increased robustness when archiving defective Microsoft Outlook message stores and messages
- Improved Improved support for Microsoft Exchange hosted environments
- Improved Significantly reduced MailStore Client and Server overall memory usage
- Improved Updated CD/DVD burning driver improves compatibility with various recorders
- Improved Improved speed when searching for date or e-mail message size
- Improved The integrated database backup function now sets the archive bit on destination files in a way like it is expected by most external backup software
- Improved Significantly improved MailStore Web Access download speed especially when used on slow networks
- Fixed When archiving Exchange journal reports that have been modified by migration tools or similar, the error message "Unable to find embedded message." is displayed
- Fixed Outlook Add-in: After successfully logging on to MailStore Server, the MailStore Web Access login page might under certain circumstances appear instead of the requested page
- Fixed Outlook Add-in: The "Restore Message" dialog shows the folder structure of the default profile instead of the current profile
- Fixed Some RFC-compatible e-mail addresses such as miles.o'brien are not accepted by several MailStore Client dialogs
MailStore Server 5.1September 15, 2010
- New MailStore Server now comes with an IMAP server which enables users to access their archives using most e-mail clients and mobile devices (read-only access). The IMAP server can be enabled in MailStore Server Base Configuration.
- New Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 Support
- Fixed When archiving large Exchange Server mailbox folders, an error message may be shown indicating that the server is busy ("ErrorServerBusy").
- Fixed When trying to archive Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1, HTTP error code 302 is displayed.
- Fixed After upgrading to Microsoft Outlook 2010, MailStore may show that Microsoft Outlook is not installed.
- Fixed Under certain circumstances, the Outlook add-in does not find the temporary directory and displays incomprehensible error messages.
- Fixed After exporting to Outlook PST files that didn't exist before, the PST files' display name in Outlook may contain random characters.
MailStore Server 5.0.1July 12, 2010
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 5.0 and 5.0.1
- Fixed MailStore Web Access: Windows authentication is not possible via the login screen
MailStore Server 5.0July 5, 2010
- New Brand-new Microsoft Outlook Add-in with seemless integration
- New The installation of MailStore Client is no longer required for using the Microsoft Outlook add-in
- New End-user components (Outlook Add-in and Web Access) in German, Dutch, English, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish and Chinese (simplified and traditional)
- New Microsoft Outlook 2010 support (including x64; the add-in works in the x86 version only)
- New Archiving Yahoo Mail via IMAP is now possible. Please use the IMAP server imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Improved Sent messages archived via IMAP are now displayed correctly in e-mail lists (recipient instead of sender). This requires setting the 'Sent Items' folder in the IMAP archiving profile.
- Improved The message type (sent/received) can now be changed afterwards via the context menu in MailStore Client's e-mail list
- Improved Broader support of non-AD LDAP servers
- Improved Opening in Outlook is now much faster when Outlook 2007 SP2 or higher is used
- Improved MailStore Web Access now remembers the last search criteria (Advanced Search)
- Improved MailStore Web Access now highlights the currently displayed e-mail in the e-mail list
- Improved Export to IMAP mailbox: If creating a subfolder fails, MailStore now exports e-mail to its parent folder
- Fixed MailStore Client can't be started with Turkish regional settings
- Fixed Mozilla Thunderbird: The 'read' flag of e-mails may not be detected correctly under certain circumstances
- Fixed Active Directory sync may fail when more than 1,000 users are about to be synchronized
- Fixed MailStore Web Access: The e-mail list may display incorrectly when it includes non standard-conformant e-mail messages
- Fixed MailStore Web Access: Logging on with Apple Safari and Google Chrome is not possible when the user name contains special characters
- Fixed MailStore Web Access: An error message appears when downloading attachments whose file name contains whitespaces or special characters
- Fixed MailStore Web Access: Mozilla Firefox prints only the first page of e-mail messages
- Fixed Export to Exchange 2007 or 2010 mailboxes: Exporting of some e-mail types (such as read reports) fails
- Fixed Logging on to MailStore Server is not possible when passwords start or end with blanks
MailStore Server 4.6.2March 15, 2010
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 4.5 to 4.6.2
- Improved In addition to license files, this version also accepts 25-letter product keys which are delivered by our distributors
MailStore Server 4.6.1February 12, 2010
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 4.5 to 4.6.1
- Improved This version comes with a workaround for a bug in Exchange Server 2007 which, under certain circumstances, might cause problems when batch-archiving Exchange mailboxes.
MailStore Server 4.6January 18, 2010
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.6
- New Exchange Server 2010 support
- New Exchange Web Services support enables archiving of mailboxes in Hosted Exchange environments where the WebDAV protocol has been deactivated (e.g. 1&1 Microsoft Exchange)
- Improved Encryption of saved MailStore Server passwords improved
- Improved MDaemon email server support improved
- Improved Multidrop mailboxes: Detection of sender and recipient e-mail addresses improved
- Improved Significantly lower memory usage during archiving and search index rebuilding
- Improved MailStore Web Access can now be loaded into an HTML IFRAME
- Fixed Incompatiblity with SPAMfighter Exchange Module
- Fixed IMAP archiving: Under very rare circumstances, archiving stops because of an InvalidCastException error
- Fixed Due to a bug in OpenOffice, MailStore is unable to index OpenOffice attachments (loading uwinapi.dll fails)
- Fixed Existing but empty address header fields cause MailStore to display "Undisclosed-recipients:;" in the built-in e-mail preview
- Fixed Due to an error in highlighting, an ArgumentOutOfRange error might appear while scrolling through e-mail lists
- Fixed Possible Year 2010 problem in combination with non standards-compliant IMAP servers
- Fixed Under certain circumstances, a profile selection dialog might appear when restoring messages to Outlook
MailStore Server 4.5.1December 2, 2009
- Improved Microsoft Outlook Archiver: Significantly reduced memory usage during archiving
- Fixed Under certain circumstances, too many e-mails are archived during Exchange Server or IMAP batch archiving
MailStore Server 4.5November 30, 2009
- New Administrative tools: New administrative tools provide a better overview and offer new features such as a display of all users who are currently connected
- New Email preview: New features such as "Find in e-mail"
- New Backup: An integrated backup feature offers time-controlled backups to any drive directly from MailStore
- New Experimental: Use any LDAP server
- Improved IMAP/POP3 archiving: Emails from multidrop mailboxes can be assigned to their respective users automatically during archiving
- Improved Journaling: Emails with unknown addresses can be automatically assigned to specific archive folders
- Improved Active Directory: Only synchronize members of a particular group
- Improved New filter: Only archive emails older than a specific time period (instead of fixed date)
- Improved Significant performance improvements
- Fixed Minor Bug Fixes
MailStore Server 4.0.4October 19, 2009
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 4.0 to 4.0.4
- New Detailled connection log for IMAP, POP3 and SMTP connections (in Management Shell, type "debug-conn" to enable)
MailStore Server 4.0.3August 25, 2009
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 4.0 to 4.0.3
- Fixed MailStore Web Access login might fail under Safari and Opera if .NET 2.0 Service Pack 2 is not installed on the server
- Fixed I/O error when trying to append email data to broken container files (.dat)
- Fixed Specific email headers can lead the MailStore Server process to permanently use 100% CPU
- Fixed CSV file for IMAP batch archiving is not selectable under Windows Vista
- Fixed Workaround for a bug in Exchange Server 2003 that can cause problems when archiving emails sent via ActiveSync
MailStore Server 4.0.2June 24, 2009
- Note This server version accepts client connections from MailStore Client 4.0, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2
- Improved Better parser for date headers that are not standards-compliant
- Fixed MailStore Server does not start under certain circumstances ("CreateFile failed")
- Fixed MailStore Server takes very long to start under certain circumstances. (To benefit from this bugfix, please ensure that .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 or higher is installed.)
- Fixed Unable to connect to localhost on some IPv6 systems, depending on the "hosts" configuration
- Fixed Outlook archiver is unable to process messages with an existing but empty Internet Message ID (e.g. "<>")
- Fixed IMAP connection fails depending on the IMAP server implementation ("Argument out of range")
- Fixed MailStore Proxy archiver is unable to process delivery reports with an empty SMTP "MAIL FROM" email address
MailStore Server 4.0.1June 9, 2009
- Note MailStore Client 4.0 is compatible with MailStore Server 4.0.1
- Improved Improved rich text (RTF) message support
- Fixed Outlook 2007 Service Pack 2 only: Direct PST archiving may not work due to a bug in Outlook. This MailStore update comes with a workaround. Installation of the Microsoft hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;968858 is recommended anyway.
- Fixed MailStore Web Access logon does not work with the Opera browser
- Fixed An error occurs while archiving Zarafa IMAP server
MailStore Server 4.0April 6, 2009
- New MailStore Web Access - Archive Access via Web Browser
- New MailStore Client for iPhone and iPod touch
- New Batch Archiving of IMAP Mailboxes
- New NAS Support (Network Shares)
- New Auto-Creation of new File Groups
- New Archive Usage Statistics
- New Search Folders - Access Saved Searches via the Folder Tree
MailStore Server 3.0.3January 28, 2009
- New Outlook MSG file archiving without using PST files
- New Storage on network shares. This is an experimental feature - please contact MailStore Support.
- New IMAP batch archiving via CSV file. This is an experimental feature - please contact MailStore Support.
- Improved Improved search index management and improved search index structure
- Improved Faster search over all user archives if searching for folder, date or email size
- Improved Native extraction of PDF contents works around problems with buggy Adobe components
- Improved Users can continue to use the archive while index rebuild is in progress
- Improved Progress is now displayed for long search operations
- Improved Scheduled Tasks: It is now possible to create scheduled tasks in interactive mode
- Improved Scheduled Tasks: It is now possible to create scheduled tasks with an empty Windows password
- Improved Commands not available to the user are now hidden
- Improved User management now displays the number of users
- Changed Scheduled tasks are now created under the current Windows account
- Changed Outlook special folders Conflicts, Sync Issues, Local Failures and Server Failures are no longer included in the archive process
- Changed Outlook and Exchange archiving: Flagged messages are never deleted
- Changed User name maximum length increased to 255 characters
- Fixed Active Directory sync may synchronize SMTP email addresses in the incorrect order. This may lead to authorization problems when archiving multiple mailboxes.
- Fixed Storage Locations: Local directories on the MailStore Server can't be selected if access to a drive has been denied
- Fixed Miscellaneous problems with search indexes
- Fixed Archiving does not work if the current container file (.dat) is corrupt
- Fixed SMTP forward does not work
- Fixed Scheduled Tasks: MailStore does not display task start errors
- Fixed Performance problems when calculating statistics (Server start page)
MailStore Server 3.0.2December 9, 2008
- New Microsoft Outlook Integration (Add-in)
- New Standard users can search in all readable user archives
- New Group policy template for automatic MailStore Server login
- New Export to Mozilla Thunderbird and Mozilla SeaMonkey
- New Filter archiving by email date (only email before a specific date)
- Improved Higher performance when searching simultaneously
- Improved Improved processing of non standard-compliant email
- Fixed Scheduled tasks can't be viewed by standard users
- Fixed MailStore Client icon is corrupt when installed via MSI package
- Fixed PST Export does not create Unicode PST files (only ANSI)
- Fixed Misleading error message "Index corrupt, please rebuild." under certain circumstances
- Fixed During Server Setup it is possible to choose an invalid data directory
- Fixed Server Setup may fail under Windows XP without Service Pack 2 or 3
MailStore Server 3.0.1November 21, 2008
- Note This is a bugfix release. It contains no additional features. Please install it only if you are a new user or if you are having problems with version 3.0.
- Fixed Delete rules are not applied when connected to a POP3 server
- Fixed LDAP Authentication does not work after performing an Active Directory synchronization
- Fixed IMAP, POP3 and SMTP connections are not closed correctly
- Fixed Error message if Message-ID is available, but invalid (affects File System, MBOX, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, Live Mail, Windows Mail and Outlook Express)
- Fixed Exchange archiving via HTTP(S): Error message "Invalid AllXsd value"
- Fixed User list is not updated after Active Directory synchronization (click on Refresh button required)
MailStore Server 3.0November 17, 2008
- New New user interface
- New Significant performance and memory usage improvements
- New Significantly improved scalability when using with a large number of users and file groups
- New Single Sign-on (Windows Authentication)
- New New, improved Active Directory integration
- New Exchange: Batch archiving of all/multiple mailboxes of an Exchange Server with just a few clicks
- New Special Microsoft Exchange archiving wizard
- New Save and export email in Outlook MSG format
- New Archiving: Table View. Administrative view of the profiles of all users.
- New Wizard for archiving email
- New Backup and Export: Table View. Administrative view of the profiles of all users.
- New Wizard for email backup and export
- New Google Mail archiving
- New New Storage Locations tool
- New Commands for archive maintenance now invokable from the MailStore Client user interface
- New Export of the folder structure (Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Exchange Server and IMAP)
- New New MailStore Server configuration tool
- New Export of folders and subfolders directory from the tree view
- New Email Preview: Print via Outlook (if installed) includes e-mail headers
- New Email Preview: Copy to clipboard now possible from every header field
- New Email Preview: New quick access toolbar
- New Internal AES256 encryption of bodies and attachments
- New Administrative command filegroup-create-auto for automatically creating new file groups
- New New user management
- New Overview of all folder access privileges granted to users
- New Improved archive and export logs
- New New format for index files (higher performance and scalability)
- New Compact feature for freeing unused disk space
- New Creating new users is now possible directly from the email archiving wizard
- Improved Burn: support of a variety of new CD and DVD recorders
- Improved Exchange: Automatic Active Directory synchronization during the archiving process (Journaling and Multi-Mailbox)
- Improved Scheduled Task Wizard: Option to run the task every X minutes
- Improved Scheduled Task: Automatic default file name for log files. View all local protocols.
- Improved Backups created with version 3 can be restored by simply copying back via Windows Explorer.
- Improved IMAP, HTTP, POP3 and SMTP: Timeouts can now be specified when used together with slow mail servers.
- Improved Network traffic reduced when backing up or exporting to a network share and having synchronization enabled
- Improved Deletion of entire folders and subfolders is now possible if the corresponding privileges are granted
- Improved POP3, Windows Mail and Outlook Express: Deletion of already archived email if wished
- Improved Client: It is now possible to specify an alternate port for connecting to MailStore Server
- Improved Client: Improved behaviour during server maintenance
- Improved Client: If started on the server machine, Client checks for server startup problems and displays them.
- Improved Exchange: Better error messages as reaction of common HTTP error codes
- Improved Exchange: Journal archiving is now possible even when envelope journaling is not enabled and/or cannot be enabled.
- Improved MailStoreCmd: More comfortable interactive mode, Passwords now masked
- Improved Server: Higher performance thanks to new RPC stack
- Improved Outlook: Archiving of password-protected PST files (password field)
- Improved Server: Automatic recalculation of statistics after an unforeseen shutdown (power event)
- Improved Setup: New service controller starts and stops the server more reliably during Setup
- Improved Search over multiple file groups and user archived is now cancellable
- Improved Fast soft-delete is performed when deleting emails. Actual deletion is performed when compacting file groups.
- Miscellaneous Hundereds of small improvements and bugfixes.
MailStore Server 2.6.6October 3, 2008
- Note This is a recommended update for all users of MailStore Server
- Improved Attachments with unsafe file extensions have to be saved on hard disk in order to open them
- Fixed Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008: The email attachment command "Open as" does not work as expected
- Fixed Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008: Open and save dialogs appear broken if a .NET service pack is installed
- Fixed Rebuilding an index aborts when a corrupt message is found in the archive
- Fixed Outlook: MAPIToMIMEStm error when trying to archive a broken message
- Fixed Outlook: Forwarding a message exported by MailStore might lead to a blank body in the forwarded message
- Fixed Outlook: Error message when trying to open multiple messages in Outlook at once
- Fixed Outlook: Error message when trying to reply to or forward a message open in Outlook 2000 or Outlook XP
- Fixed Outlook: When directly archiving PST files, the PST display name might be modified under certain circumstances
- Fixed Error message when trying to archive an email with an existing, but empty Message-ID field
- Fixed Right after logon, an error message appears for a few milliseconds
- Fixed Drag&Drop of attachments to Windows Explorer does not always work reliably
- Changed Exchange Mailbox: When using IMAP, deletion from the mailbox is automatically disabled if no folders are excluded to prevent users from unintentional deleting objects such as contacts and notes
- Changed Update check via standard web browser
MailStore Server 2.7.2September 24, 2008
MailStore Server 2.7.1September 19, 2008
MailStore Server 2.7September 10, 2008
MailStore Server 2.6.5September 8, 2008
- Note This is a bugfix release. It contains no additional features. Please install it only if you are a new customer or if you are having problems with version 2.6.
- Fixed Connection to Microsoft Exchange Server fails under certain circumstances
- Fixed MailStore Client hangs when creating a scheduled task for Local System under Windows Vista
- Fixed Line breaks were missing in some screen messages
- Fixed MailStore Proxy Import: .mpr might not be deleted after archiving
- Fixed Some messages might have been archived with a date in the year 2020
- Fixed MailStoreCmd.exe writes "Session not found" instead of "Logon failed"
- Fixed Some minor bugfixes
- Changed Timeout increased for HTTP (WebDAV), IMAP, POP3 and SMTP connections
MailStore Server 2.6May 5, 2008
- Note This release solves all known issues with version 2.5.1.
- New Exchange Public Folder Archiving
- Improved Context Help via F1 or help buttons
- Improved Exchange Journal Import now supports HTTP/HTTPS. Solves timeout problems that can occur with IMAP
- Improved Export to Exchange Mailbox now supports HTTP/HTTPS
- Improved Exchange Import: Automatic error analysis when the HTTP(S) connection fails
- Improved Better error reporting system
- Improved Better S/MIME support
- Improved Email List/Search Result: Sent emails are now marked labeled with "To:"
- Improved Active Directory Sync can now be run on Exchange users only (ads-sync parameter --exchange-only)
- Improved HTML body part is now indexed instead of the plain text body part if available
- Improved Wildcards are now possible at the beginning of search terms (e.g. *@contoso.com or *.pdf)
- Fixed File System Import terminates when the folder name contains several special characters (:)
- Fixed Two-digit years are interpreted incorrectly (e.g. created by old David versions)
- Fixed Storage Locations: Newly created folders might not be selected automatically
- Fixed Storage Locations: Change file group location -> Cancel deactivates the file group
- Fixed Error message "Font 'Segoe UI' does not support style..." when starting MailStore
- Fixed Open in Outlook: Subdialogs are not shown in several Outlook versions
- Fixed Open in Outlook: Error message "MAPI_E_USER_CANCEL" when cancelling the Outlook profile selection
- Fixed Open in Outlook: Terminating after showing "The digital ID can not be found"
- Fixed IMAP Import terminates if the IMAP server returns the same folder name twice
- Fixed IMAP Import terminates if the IMAP server does not return headers for a message
- Fixed IMAP Import: Error message "Unable to parse server response" when used with some non standard-compliant servers
- Fixed Exchange Journal Import: HTML-formatted reports (not emails!) can't be processed
- Fixed Exchange Mailbox Import: Email messages from "Sent Items" might not be marked as 'sent'
- Fixed Exchange Mailbox Import: Error message "mailbox is null" if the user name contains blanks
- Fixed TypeInitializationException when starting the MailStore service
- Fixed Outlook Import/Export: Focus problems (Windows in the background)
- Fixed Outlook Import: MAPI_E_INVALID_PARAMETER when archiving NDRs
- Fixed Outlook-Import: Email messages from "Sent Items" might not be marked as 'sent'
- Fixed Errors that occur while opening a file group are not shown
- Fixed Some S/MIME (signed) messages are not displayed in the email preview
- Fixed Thunderbird Import shows a warning because of not importable Online folders
- Fixed Index Options: The user list is not sorted alphabetically
MailStore Server 2.5.1February 27, 2008
- Improved IMAP, POP3 and SMTP protocol implementations reworked (better compatibility and error handling)
- Improved It is now possible to specify any Windows user when creating a scheduled Task
- Improved Better screen messages for the most frequent errors
- Fixed Exchange: Authentication might fail when form-based authentication is enabled
- Fixed MailStore is unable to import an Exchange Journal report if it does not contain a sender SMTP address
- Fixed Errors that occurred while importing an email message might be hidden under certain circumstances
- Fixed Copy Cmd button in Scheduled Task wizard displays the command line instead of copying it to the clipboard
- Fixed Email subject is displayed in MIME-coded form in the progress viewer and import log
- Fixed Windows service is registered with no dependencies and might not be started correctly while booting Windows
MailStore Server 2.5February 13, 2008
- New Scheduled Tasks: Import and export scheduling now much simpler than before
- New Scheduled Tasks: Table view of tasks on the local computer
- New Advanced Delete Rules: All time spans can now be specified exactly
- New Advanced Delete Rules: Option to delete dependent on the email date
- New Direct archiving of PST files and export to new or existing PST files
- New Cut, copy and paste of import and export profiles
- New Option to turn off automatic exclusion of special folders such as 'Deleted Items'
- New Windows Live Mail import (experimental; official Microsoft API not yet available)
- New Email Preview: Open in Windows Live Mail
- New Email Preview: Print and Print Preview directly from MailStore
- New Microsoft Outlook: Archiving of IMAP mailboxes opened in Outlook is now possible
- New Microsoft Outlook: Archiving of message stores other than Exchange and PST
- Improved Significant performance improvements especially when launching MailStore
- Improved MailStore.exe file size reduced by more than 55%
- Improved Storage Locations: Statistics grouped by file group
- Improved Storage Locations: Recalculate statistics
- Improved Mozilla Thunderbird and SeaMonkey: Improved folder scanner
- Improved Microsoft Exchange Server: Improved compatibility with Exchange Server 2007 SP1
- Improved Microsoft Exchange Server: Improved screen messages and workaround of some Exchange bugs
- Improved Microsoft Outlook: Improved stability through the new MailStore Extended MAPI client
- Improved Automatic debug log of import and export processes. Display via report window.
- Fixed Microsoft Exchange Server: Timeout error when processing very large folders (> 10,000 messages) if server is under load
- Fixed Email export fails when processing certain non standards-compliant messages (Can't write multipart data. Boundary is missing.)
- Fixed Extended search for email size may not work. If the problem persists, rebuild the index via Admin Tools -> Index Options.
- Fixed Microsoft Exchange Server: some unusual email addresses are not detected correctly when using journaling
- NOTE Lots of minor improvements and bug fixes
MailStore Server 2.0December 3, 2007
- Note Many features originally planned for version 2.0 were already included in 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 versions. See below.
- Improved Completely removed maximum users restriction. Max-Users limitation in the license file is ignored.
- Improved Drag&Drop of an EML file onto the import profile list imports this file
- Improved Drag&Drop of a folder onto the import profile list creates a new File System import profile with this folder
- Improved Drag&Drop of a PST onto the import profile list creates a new Outlook import profile with this file. Additionally, a new MAPI profile is created.
- Improved Drag&Drop of an MBOX onto the import profile list creates a new MBOX import profile with this file
- Improved Select Folders: Show effective folders after applying include and exclude lists
- Improved Select Folders: Option to add folders excluding subfolders to the lists
- Fixed Connection cannot be established when using IMAP-SSL (IMAP-TLS is not affected)
MailStore Server 1.6.2November 21, 2007
- Improved If a text was found in an attachment's file name, the attachment itself is now included in the search result list (below the containing message)
- Improved MailStore Proxy / NST import now shows the sender and recipients of an email message which could not be assigned to a MailStore user
- Improved Exchange via HTTP/HTTPS: It is now possible to specify the mailbox relative URL instead of the mailbox name (e.g. /exchange/johndoe)
- Improved MailStoreCmd.exe can now be started without parameters (Interactive Login)
- Improved Import/Export: Profile lists are now sorted using Windows' regional settings
- Improved Extended Debug Logging for IMAP and POP3 connections
- Fixed User Info: The 'Password' button is incorrectly titled 'Change'
- Fixed Compatibility with various IMAP server implementations improved
- Fixed The contents of PDF files can not be searched when Adobe Reader 8.x is installed
MailStore Server 1.6.1November 16, 2007
- New Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Import now supports HTTP/HTTPS (WebDAV). Solves problems that may occur by using IMAP.
- New No Spam Today! Proxy Support (automatic archiving of all incoming and outgoing email)
- New Index Options (Administrative Tools): Configure attachment file extensions; Rebuild user indexes
- New Built-in Support Command 'exejcfg' enables Microsoft Exchange Envelope Journaling (Disable with -d)
- Improved Improved LDAP settings detection (solves problems with Small Business Server 2003)
- Improved MailStore Server now writes to Windows' Event Log (e.g. startup problems, message deletions)
- Improved Server performs client version check in order to avoid unintelligible error messages
- Improved MailStore Setup now provides the option to start MailStore after installation
- Improved Redesign of Email Import Reports
- Improved Automatic download and installation of Windows Installer and .NET Framework during setup if desired
- Changed Exchange Import/Export: Combined domain, user name and password in one edit field.
- Changed MailStore database is opened when starting the Windows Service (and not at the first login)
- Fixed Fixed stability problems in Outlook Express / Windows Mail import (misc error messages)
- Fixed Dialog windows which appear during login place themselves behind the main window under certain circumstances
- Fixed Some German text was missing in the software (displayed in English instead)
- Fixed Exchange via HTTP/HTTPS (RC1): Connection initialization is slow and could lead to timeouts
- Fixed Exchange via HTTP/HTTPS (RC1): Error message that the version could not be read with some Exchange Server configurations (e.g. 1&1 Hosted Exchange)
MailStore Server 1.6October 17, 2007
- New Automatic Archiving of all incoming and outgoing email via separately available MailStore Proxy
- New Active Directory Synchronization
- New LDAP Authentication
- New Export directly to IMAP Mailboxes
- New Export directly to Exchange Mailboxes
- New Delete Rules for IMAP Mailboxes
- New Delete Rules for Exchange Mailboxes
- New Delete Rules for AVM KEN! Mailboxes
- New Email messages movable between folders of a user
- New Optional transport-layer encryption when forwarding via SMTP (TLS and SSL)
- New Completely rewritten Outlook Express/Windows Mail Import module (Removed 3rd Party Dependency)
- Improved Improved Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Support
- Improved SSL Warnungs can now be disabled when importing or exporting
- Improved SSL certificate viewer can now be displayed to check certificate errors (Import and Export)
- Improved Improved display of non standard-compliant email messages
- Improved Much faster IMAP import initialization, lower traffic
- Improved Scheduled Task can now be run without displaying a DOS window (MailStoreCmdSilent.exe)
- Improved Improved Status Messages
- Improved User Information window improved
- Improved Improved handling of email messages with inconsistent line endings
- Changed MailStore Server Setup now asks for the data directory on every installation
- Changed MailStoreCmd: Switch -pkfp optional
- Changed MailStore Home Import not displayed anymore in MailStore Server and Client
- Fixed Removable devices (USB hard disks etc.) are not display unser Storage Locations
- Fixed IMAP folder structures are not displayed correctly in some cases
- Fixed The IMAP INTERNALDATE field is ignored. The date shown in MailStore may be incorrect in some cases
- Fixed Date and time of email messages copied from Outlook may be not displayed correctly in some cases
Free 30-Day Trial
Download the 30-day trial version for free today. In just a few minutes after installation, you’ll be archiving your first emails on a trial basis. There is absolutely no risk, since no changes whatsoever are made to your existing systems.