The countdown is on! On 25 May 2018 the future of European data protection begins: The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes effective in the European Union! The international media presence and the continuous interest in the blog article The MailStore Server and GDPR as well as various questions from our customers have led us to put email archiving into the context of GDPR again. The new law which aims for harmonization of data protection laws in the EU comes up with new challenges and unanswered questions. Especially in the following areas of data protection the GDPR will touch upon:
- Technical and organizational security measures such as the encryption of data
- Audit requirements when using IT systems to store and process personal data
- Documentation of consent when processing personal data
- Strict requirements on the design of consent and the purpose when processing personal data
- Rights of individuals regarding personal data (i.e., right to erasure)
- Sharing data across geographic regions
- New regulations on sharing data internationally, scope of international applicability of the GDPR, and the introduction of a supervisory authority as the lead authority and sole point of contact (acting as a one-stop shop)
Learn more about the major prerequisite for meeting the compliance requirements and how MailStore Server supports businesses to enable GDPR compliance or a corresponding data compliance policy. We provide you with the “MailStore Advisory Email Archiving and the EU´s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)”. Free of charge and with no obligation. Just download it here.
If you want to learn more about MailStore Server, please register for one of our webinars.