MailStore Software GmbH, Viersen, Germany (“we” or “MailStore”) respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, process and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information that we collect through our website at www.mailstore.com, help.mailstore.com, cs.mailstore.com, landing.mailstore.com, inbound.mailstore.com, community.mailstore.com and my.mailstore.com (“Website”), or otherwise in the course of providing our products and services.
If you do not agree with the processing of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, we would kindly ask you not to use the products and services or the Website.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
What does MailStore do?
MailStore is a leading developer of innovative email archiving solutions for small and medium-sized enterprises, headquartered in Viersen, Germany, and part of OpenText Corporation based in Waterloo, Canada, a market leader in information management software and solutions. Our products and services support you in making efficient and sustainable use of your emails as one of the most valuable and comprehensive information resources and allow you to meet a growing number of regulations.
For more information about MailStore, please see the “Company” section of our Website.
What personal information does MailStore collect and how we use it?
The personal information that we collect about you falls into the following categories:
Information that we collect from you
We ask you to provide certain information voluntarily, some information is automatically provided by your internet browser when you visit our Website and other data may be obtained otherwise in the course of providing our products and services. Some of this data includes “Personal Data”, which is data that can be used to reasonably identify, either directly or indirectly, an individual or reasonably can be linked to a particular individual (“Personal Data”). These types of information include:
|Categories of personal information||Why we collect it – Purpose of Use (see chart below for additional information)||Sources of personal information|
|Inventory Data, contact information
|Financial and transactional information:
|Log file data:
If we ask you to provide any other personal information not described above, then the personal information we will ask you to provide, and the reasons why we ask you to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we collect your personal information.
Why do we use data?
|Purposes of Use|
|Communicate with you, for example:
|Provide the Services, for example:
|Personalize your experience, for example:
|Secure our Services and users, for example:
|Fraud detection and prevention, defending our legal rights and compliance with the law, for example:
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so (Art. 6 para 1 lit. a) GDPR); where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (Art. 6 para 1 lit. b) GDPR); where the processing is in our legitimate interests, e.g. it is conducted for direct marketing purposes, and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (Art. 6 para 1 lit. f) GDPR); or where we are legally obliged to collect personal information from you (Art. 6 para 1 lit. c) GDPR).
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to initiate a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
Who does MailStore share my personal information with and why?
We disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies and third party services providers who provide data processing services to us and support us in providing our services (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
- to our distributors and resellers who distribute our products in certain regions, so depending on the region for which you enquire about our products we will refer you to our distributors and resellers to contact you.
- to our advertising service providers: We use Google Analytics, Google Ads, Bing Ads and Facebook Remarketing as explained further under the headings “Google Analytics“, “Google Ads“, “Google Remarketing“, “Bing Ads” and “Facebook Remarketing” below. We use further advertising service providers for the analysis of user behavior in order to optimize our services. These advertising service providers may have access to your personal information. If they do so, this access is provided so that they may perform these tasks on our behalf and they are not authorized by us to otherwise use or disclose your personal information, except to the extent required by law and upon pseudonymization. The pseudonymization of the concerned personal information prevents the attribution of a specific data subject without the use of additional information or obstructs that attribution significantly.
You can also “opt-out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe www.youronlinechoices.eu.
A list of our current advertising service providers is available on request. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Google uses the information on our behalf to evaluate how the site is used, create reports about the activities on the site for the site operators, and to perform additional services regarding website and internet utilization. Further, Google may pass this data on to third parties, if required by law or if using their services to analyze this data. Google will not associate IP addresses with any other information held by Google. You can prevent the storing of cookies by choosing the appropriate settings in your browser; however, we would like to point out that in this case some functionality of the website may not be available to its full extent.
Further you can prevent the collection and processing of cookie created data relating to your utilization of the website (including your IP) via Google by downloading and installing the browser-plugin available under the following link (tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics.
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on our Website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “anonymizeIp” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
Furthermore, we use Google Remarketing for Search and use the Remarketing Reports in Google Analytics as well as Google Display Network Remarketing. Should you wish to opt out of this then please see the following link.
Google Remarketing for Search and Google Display Network Remarketing: This will display relevant ads tailored to you based on the fact that you visited our website by placing a cookie on your machine. The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.” It allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
Google Analytics Demographics: We use these reports in Google Analytics, which are pulled from the Google Display Network (3rd party cookies). It includes age, interest groups, gender. We use this data for marketing reporting / intelligence.
Google Invisible reCAPTCHA
We further use technologies of Bing Ads which are provided and operated by the Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft”). If you have reached our website through Bing Ads, Microsoft sets a cookie on your device. That way Microsoft and MailStore can identify if someone has clicked an ad, was forwarded to our website and has reached a certain target page (Conversion Page). MailStore only discovers the total number of users that have clicked the Bing ad and were forwarded to the Conversion Page. Microsoft collects and processes information through the cookie that is being used to create user profiles using pseudonyms. These user profiles serve for the analysis of visitor behavior and are used for the creation of advertising. No personal information about the identity of the user is being processed. If you do not want such a use of information about your behavior, you can object to the necessary setting of a cookie under the following link choice.microsoft.com/de-DE/opt-out. Further information on this matter and Bing Ads can be found on Microsoft’s website privacy.microsoft.com/de-de/privacystatement.
MailStore uses the remarketing feature of the Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). It serves to present interest-related advertising (“Facebook-Ads”) to visitors of our Website while visiting the social network Facebook. For this purpose, the Remarketing-Tag was implemented into this Website. During the visit of this Website a direct connection to Facebook servers is established via remarketing tags. In this process the information gets transmitted that you have visited our Website and Facebook connects that information to your personal Facebook-profile. Further information on this matter can be found in the Facebook data protection declaration at www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Should you not wish data acquisition via Facebook Remarketing, you can deactivate it here.
Information regarding Cookies
“Sale” of personal information
The California Consumer Privacy Act 2018 sets forth obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information. MailStore does not engage in such activity based on our current understanding of the definition of sell. We may share certain personal information with other businesses or allow them to collect certain personal information through the use of website cookies, pixels, or other technologies in order to provide services to us such as analyzing our Services and advertising and marketing our Services on other sites or apps. You can control certain of these cookies through browser settings and other controls. Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the “sale” of “personally identifiable information” as such terms are defined under Nevada law. However, we do not engage in such activity. If you have questions about this, you may contact us at email@example.com.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Our Website servers are located in Germany, whereas our group companies, third party service providers and advertising service providers operate from the U.S. and other locations around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (“SCC”) for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require these group companies to process personal information from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law. You can obtain a copy of the SCC here.
We retain personal information we collect from you as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
Subject to data protection laws, customers and users in some jurisdictions may have the following rights regarding MailStore’s handling of personal data. Please note Your rights and choices vary depending upon your location. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity when exercising these rights. To exercise these rights, you or your agent may be required to authenticate to your account or provide information contained in your account profile. Please ensure that you keep your profile information up to date and accurate so that we may verify your requests.
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below. Customers in California may request the categories of personal information we collect, disclose, or sell about you, the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information. Those users may also request an access to or a copy of certain information we hold about them.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
California law provides California residents with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising these rights or their right to opt-out of sales of personal information. Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law.
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law California residents have the right, twice in a calendar year, to request and obtain from MailStore information about Personal Data MailStore has shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. MailStore does not currently share your Personal Data with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact customer support at +1 (800) 747 - 2915, or use our Data Subject Access Request Form.
The data controller of your personal information is MailStore Software GmbH, Viersen, Germany.