Businesses are faced with the challenge of meeting a growing number of compliance requirements (e.g. HIPAA and FERPA in the United States or GDPR in the European Union). This poses a severe impact on email management. The foundation to fulfill these requirements: Email archiving must be an integral part of any businesses email governance strategy.
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR) became effective in the EU. The new regulation represents a broad-reaching harmonization of data protection laws in the EU. In the past, regulations varied greatly from country to country within the EU. The end goal is standardization, and a simpler process, but there will be new challenges in understanding the regulations, and determining the most effective way to comply with them. The new regulations affect all EU companies –and many of the companies outside the EU that collect or utilize data of EU residents.
Businesses can benefit from all advantages of modern, secure email archiving with MailStore Server – MailStore can help support certain GDPR requirements. The software creates 1:1 copies of all emails in a central email archive to ensure the security and availability of any amount of data for years to come.
MailStore Server has been inspected by an independent IT auditor and is officially GDPR-certified. This certification verifies that when used properly, MailStore Server enables personal data to be processed in accordance with the data protection requirements set out in the GDPR.
The official certificate on the audit results for MailStore Server can be requested by our interested customers and partners via email@example.com.
Compliance Features to Support Your Data Governance
Completeness Through Journaling
MailStore Server enables you to completely archive all emails within a company. For example, email can be archived before being forwarded to employees’ mailboxes.
An archived email is identical to the original email in every respect and can, if necessary, be restored from the archive without losing any information.
MailStore generates SHA hash values from email content and uses internal AES-256 encryption. This helps to protect the archived data from tampering.
MailStore Server does not restrict businesses to a proprietary file format. All archived email can be exported in a single step at any time. A cryptographic signature can be added to exported emails. This helps to protect the exported emails from tampering, even outside of the archive.
Administrators can define sophisticated retention policies, enabling them to maintain complete control of the periods for which various types of email are archived. They can define whether emails are automatically deleted from the archive, and when, thereby complying with the different retention periods that are possibly mandated by regulatory requirements.
If the Legal Hold function has been enabled, no emails can be deleted from the archive, regardless of all other possible configurations of user privileges and retention policies.
MailStore Server uses an integrated auditing function to consistently log changes and events, which can be defined by the administrator.
A special auditor user type allows external auditors to access the archive. All actions performed by this user type are always logged.
Why MailStore Server?
MailStore offers the most comprehensive market solutions in terms of performance, stability, functionality and simplicity to meet the specific email archiving needs of SMBs. It’s quick and easy to install as standard software and remains low-maintenance and reliable even with large volumes of email.
Integrated Storage Technology
- A single MailStore Server installation can manage up to 500 users and a rapidly growing volume of emails without requiring any external database software
- Save up to 70% storage space through de-duplication and compression
- MailStore Server uses state-of-the-art encryption by utilizing SHA hashes and applying AES256 encryption, this helps to protect the archived data from tampering
- Learn more
Fast Search Access
- Users can access the archive using a seamless integration with Outlook, the responsive Web Acccess or IMAP
- MailStore Server offers fast full-text searching for emails and all types of file attachments
- Users can restore emails from the archive to their mailbox by using one-click restore
- Learn more
- MailStore Server supports almost all email systems and archiving methods
- You can make sure that all your business emails are archived provided you follow the guidelines for setting up journal archiving (i.e. archiving all email as soon as it is received or sent)
- You can also archive existing mailboxes, public folders, shared mailboxes and PST files
- Learn more
Running right out of the box
- In just a few minutes after installation, you’ll be archiving your first emails
- MailStore Server has minimal system requirements and supports all virtual environments
- Start now and download your free 30-day trial
- One-off payment, starting at € 295 (plus VAT where applicable)
- Appealing volume discounts available
- Pricing and purchase options
- Trusted by over 60,000 organizations in 100 countries
- Now available in Version 12.0.2
- MailStore is specialized in email archiving and offers excellent support and comprehensive consulting
- Case studies and testimonials
Become One of over 60,000 Success Stories
MailStore Server is one of the world’s leading solutions for email archiving. Its customers include thousands of small and medium-sized businesses and organizations from all sectors as well as government agencies, administrative bodies and other public institutions.
Download the 30-day trial version for free today. In just a few minutes after installation, you’ll be archiving your first emails on a trial basis. There is absolutely no risk, since no changes whatsoever are made to your existing systems.
- Easy to set up in just a few minutes, intuitive to use
- For Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Supports all virtual environments
- Can be used out-of-the-box for 5 to 500 users